Tuberous breast correction with no implants? (Photo)

I would like my breast to be less saggy, more perky, even shapes and have smaller areolas. I would like to have a more natural look and I'm hesitant about implants. What is the best plan?

Not tuberous

Your breasts appear to be sagging but not tuberous. A breast lift can help give them a perkier contour and enhance the fullness in the upper portion. However implants alone may also help. You may find that an implant with a smaller base width to make your breasts project more forward from your chest wall and body can be sufficient, making a breast lift unnecessary. Consider the Allergan Inspira TruForm 2 implant.

Breast lift without implants and minimal scarring

You do not have tuberous breasts, you have ptotic breasts. I recommend a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift. This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness without implants, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more to the center to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional techniques, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast-feed. I never recommend the vertical scar technique because of the unsightly scars that cannot be hidden in the natural lines of the breast.
I hope this information helps.
Gary Horndeski MD

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift for Tuberous Breasts

It does not appear that you have tuberous breasts from your photos.  You do have drooping and enlarged areolae but not some of the other characteristics of tuberous breasts.  It would appear that a lift would provide some of the benefits you are looking for and if you are reluctant to have implants I think this would be a good surgical plan for you.  Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your surgical options.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast correction with no implants?

Yes I could agree with breast lifting and decrease areo;ar size. But I might also offer fat grafting to increase the fullness... 

Breast lift

If you are not sure about larger breasts then a breast lift to shrink the areola and create a more youthful perky breast is a reasonable plan. Later if you decide to increase the size of your breasts this is a 1 hour out patient breast augmentation procedure.Look at before and after pictures of the doctor you choose. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Improving breast shape without implants

I'm not sure that you have to tuberous breast. You do have a drooping breasts. Additionally, you have a larger areola. If you want to improve your breast shape without implants I would suggest a breast lift. This will improve the drooping and reduce the size of the areola. You must realize that this will make your breasts smaller.

Earl Stephenson Jr. MD DDS FACS

Breast shape

Thank you for your question and information. The points that you bring up are very common and there is a lot of different options for you. I agree with you that implants are not for everyone and have their disadvantages. That is why I feel that your best options are to lift the nipple up alone or with volume. If you feel that you would like a larger breast size, than there is a great alternative other than implants. Advanced fat transfer techniques can provide natural volume enhancement and last forever. Not only does it take fat from one area and add it to your breasts in a minimally invasive approach, but also shapes other areas of your body.

Definitely consider fat transfer as that would provide the most desirable cosmetic breast result with lifting of your nipples. Patients in my practice are extremely thrilled with the results of breast enhancement with their own fat. Best wishes.

Breast lift

Dear Melissa,
   Thank you for submitting your pictures. Your front view is the most revealing , because your arms are down while in your side view it is less so. From that picture, it does not appear that you have  tuberous breasts. You appear to be a B cup with level 3 ptosis and large areolas. To achieve your mentioned goals, you do not need implants. That can be accomplished beautifully with full mastopexy ( key hole technique ). Obviously, your size will not change. So, if you want to be a C or full C cup you will need implants. Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons and check their before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.
                              Dr Widder

Treatment for breast sagging without an implant

You have a mild tuberous breast deformity with breast sagging.  Neither an implant or fat grafting will totally correct the problem.  If you are happy with your breast size then a vertical breast lift with a dermal pedical auto augmenation would be your best choice.  

Mastopexy and Fat Transfer for Tuberous Breasts

An excellent option for a mild tuberous breast deformity with ptosis like yourself is a mastopexy with fat transfer to the upper breast for more fullness.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD