Will my breast uplift give me the desired look I want?

I have 34DD breasts, I am happy with this size , but they droop down so bad, there is quite a lot of volume but it all sort of hangs at the bottom. I am having a breast uplift in 4 weeks, but I am worrying about what sort of result I will get. Obviously my breasts will be uplifted, but will they look fuller and round? Because I do have a lot of volume in my breasts but its just all drooping to the bottom, so will that volume, when moved up, make my breasts nice and full aswel as uplifted.

Breast lift expectations

Thank you for your question.  With a breast lift (mastopexy) the breasts can be lifted, shaped better, made perkier and rounder, and reduce areola size and improve symmetry without losing size.  Be sure to consult with an experienced  board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Intended Result of Breast Lift

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. You can contact your surgeon to confirm their intended results, along with the form of surgery that will be completed. No need to worry, if you have met with your surgeon in planning there will be positive results to be expected. Best of luck!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD