It is True, Having a Breast Augmentation Will Cause Cancer to the Uterus Later in Life?

Breast implants and cancer

Absolutely not!  I don't know where you heard this but it is entirely untrue.  If implants caused any kind of cancer, they would be taken off the market.  Breast implants are among the most closely studied medical devices in history.  They have never been shown to cause cancer.

No link between implants and cancer

There is no study that links any type of systemic disease or cancer to the use of silicone gel implants.  You may want to check the FDA website for more information about safety. 

Cancer is not caused by implants

There are no studies that I know of that show that breast implants cause cancer of any kind. This sounds like something someone dreamed up to scare women away from augmentation.

Margaret Skiles, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation does not cause cancer

No. No and No. Breast augmentation does not increase cancer risk anywhere.  Uterine cancer is one of the rarer cancers. I heard someone refer to "Dr. Google " the other day as a joke, but many really do rely too heavily on the Internet for their medical information. Unfortunately, if you look long and hard enough you can find many opinions by many people and many are simply untrue.

Melinda Haws, MD

Breast Augmentation

Wow, that's a new one. Breast augmentation does not lead to increased cancer of the breast or any other part of the body.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

NO cancer of any type caused by BREAST AUGMENTATION

No you will not get cancer anywhere cause of breast augmentation.  There are groups out there including in the FDA that are philosophically opposed to breast augmentation and some must spread silly rumors.  This is of course absolute nonsense.   There is no connection with any type of illness.   I have augmented many friends and family and over 2400 other patients and have seen few problems and no cancer anywhere ever.   It is sad such ridiculous rumors are spread.   Shame on the perpetrators of such baloney.  You will be safe.  My Best,  Dr C

Breast augmentation has no relation to uterine cancer.

Where in the world did you get this one? I'm unaware of any claim whatsoever about uterine cancer and breast surgery. If you have a reference I would like to know what that is.

Breast augmentation does not cause cancer in the uterus. It is important when researching cosmetic procedures that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon. They will be able to answer all of your questions and concerns. I also recommend that you visit the web site for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Breast Implants and Cancer

There is no increased risk of uterine or any other type of cancer with breast implants. I hope this helps relieve your fears.

Association of Implants and Uterine Cancer

There is no relationship between having implants and developing uterine cancer or any other type of cancer including breast cancer.