Will exercising improve my results?

I am 24 days post op from a lower body lift with lipo. Loving the results so far even tho I still have some swelling. Will exercising improve results?

Exercise after Liposuction and body lift

Thanks for your question. Liposuction permanently removes excess fat and a lower body lift removes excess skin. Exercise goes hand in hand with these cosmetic surgery procedures. An exercise routine and good eating habits  will certainly improve your results. Just check with your plastic surgeon as to when your are allowed to exercise and what, if any, restrictions you have.

#lowerbodylift #weightloss #plasticsurgery

Hello ladylotz, Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. Each surgical procedure has it's own set of post operative instructions. Your surgeon's preference and your health history play a role in what goes into your post operative instructions.  Final results can take up to 12 months for all the swelling to subside. Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift - when to exercise?

Thank you for asking about your lower body lift.

• You need to be guided by your own surgeon -
  • But in general, walking is fine the first month after a body lift.
  • Then non-impact exercise is ok to start - such as gentle stretches, swimming, dance.
  • But impact - running, jumping - is not done for 6 - 8 weeks

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS