Is my belly button healing normally? (Photo)

I am 24 days post op from lower body lift with lipo. Ever since my scans fell off of my belly button it's been red and some white. My surgeon has me on antibiotics because my incision opened in the back and he stitched it but I'm worried about the look of my belly button.

#lowerbodylift #weightloss #plasticsurgery

Hello ladylotz, Thank you so much for your excellent question!  Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. If you seek out a second opinion look for the following:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol   *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a triangle.   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  Care Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Body lift - belly button still red after 3 1/2 weeks

Thank you for asking about your body lift.

• Your belly button does look a little inflamed.
  • It may be a reaction to your sutures or to bandaging over the skin.
  • Ask your surgeon's advice and give it time.
  • It will probably slowly improve over the next few weeks.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS