What type of rhinoplasty would you recommend? (Photo)

I am not convinced that getting a nose job is the best route for me take at this point in my life, but in your professional opinion, if I were to get one, what should I have done? I understand that this question is subjective, however I am curious to see what you would suggest based on common patient requests.

What type of rhinoplasty would you recommend?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You need to have specific goals for surgery and having full face photos at least allows for  a better evaluation.

Optimal Rhinoplsty

A good rhinoplasty would only eliminate the flaws and match the nose to the rest of your face, producing a natural outcome. Based on the photographs that you have posted you would be a good candidate to have your hump removed, nose bones and the tip would be narrowed, the center portion of your nose tip may need minimal elevation and the left nostril base needs to be moved down and in to match the other side.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

In our practice, we always like to ask the patient what  changes they would like to accomplish with a rhinoplasty procedure. The bulbous tip can be reduced and refined, and the dorsal hump shaved down. The bridge line can be made  more straight and refined with osteotomies. All of this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach by making all of the incisions on the inside of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For more information  and many before-and-after examples of rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. Just looking at the nose in isolation, you could benefit from shortening the bridge and tip. smoothing out the hump, and refining your tip. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Scarless Closed Rhinoplasty

You should only (if you even do anything) a scarless closed rhinoplasty - you should consult a board certified surgeon who practices closed scarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his surgical practice. 

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

In order to be pleased with any plastic surgery procedure, you must be motivated to do it. However, it appears from your photos that you would benefit from removing your hump, narrowing and shortening your nose, and refining your tip. these can easily be accomplished through a closed (no external scars) rhinoplasty.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon