Normal result? I am a year post op and starting to think I went too small. (photos)

From a doctors perspective, is that a smaller size boob job, or fairly average?

What is right for you is up to you.

A “normal” breast augmentation result really should only refer to if your breasts healed well and your breast implants are properly positioned. What matters more than a plastic surgeon’s opinion of if your breasts are on the smaller side or average after augmentation is how you feel about your breasts. Some women love the results from breast implants that other women would consider too large or too small. Part of the beauty of breast augmentation is that each procedure is customized to each woman, including the various aspects of selecting the right breast implant for her. Size is a subjective, very personal determination. It’s up to you to decide if your breast implants are too small or just right.

What You Think Is What Matters

If I were your plastic surgeon, I'd be extremely happy with the results of your breast augmentation after a year. Whether the implants are "too small" is something only you can decide. It is common for patients to wonder how a different size would have changed the results. However, if you wanted results that look natural and proportional to the rest of your body, it appears you met your goal. They look to have settled in an aesthetically pleasing way, and they don't appear too small. I hope this helps reassure you.

Howard Silverman, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Am I Too Small?

Dear juliejewlz90, You have a beautiful result! Size in personal and subjective. Talk to your surgeon about increasing your size if this is something you want to pursue. Good luck. Dr. Gervais.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

Hi Juliejewlz, thank you for the question.  You look to have a beautiful result!!  Many patients feel like they could have gone with a larger implant.  Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon if you are serious about increasing your breast size.  Good luck!

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

Michelle A. Spring, MD, FACS
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Looks good

Your results look very good in the photos you posted.  They do not look like a small size.  If anything they are a little larger than average for your body proportions.  It is not unusual for patients to want to go larger after their self-image has had time to get used to their implants.  Consult with your plastic surgeon whether this would be a good option for you.

Lynn D. Derby, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

Thank you for your question. You got very nice result. Size of the implant is your choice. They look good size to your frame at this moment.

Ven Erella, MD

Breast implants

You look to have a very nice result. Each patient may have a different preference and if yours is to go larger, then perhaps you can. Good luck.

Starting to think I went too small.

Breast size is a personal decision and your result is very good at one year. Should of gone bigger is a common regret, though based on your result and early post op your choice seems to have been a good one. You can have a larger implant in future, again the choice is yours.

Normal result? I am a year post op and starting to think I went too small.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that you have obtained a very nice result with a size that is above average in size for your chest frame.  Hope this helps.

Good result

I think your surgeon achieved a good result for you. He/She likely chose a size for you based upon your anatomic measurements. IF YOU want more volume beyond this, that would ultimately be your choice to have a revision at this point in time. 

Nathan Eberle, MD, DDS
Weston Physician