Incisions look weird. Is this normal? (Photo)

Three weeks post op and surgicial tape started to peel back so i took a glance at the exposed portion and am freaked out now. It looks like my skin isnt closing back up. Is this normal?? I tink i had the incisions glued shut.

It is difficult to tell from your photo if there is something wrong with your incision.  Just go in to see your surgeon.

Do my #breastimplant incisions look normal after my #breastaugmentation ?

Thank you for sharing your question.  I strongly encourage you to speak with your plastic surgeon directly.  It's very hard to tell from the photo if there's an issue present with the breast implant incision.  Keep in mind that at just three weeks post surgery you're still in the very early healing phase and most incisions are unattractive at this stage.  I hope this is helpful for you.  -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Incisions and Healing

From your photo, it does seem that the incision is slightly wider than normal. However, this does not mean that there is a problem. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Incision looks odd

Hello, unfortunately the submitted photo (at least on my computer) does not appear to show your incision.  If there is a gap in the wound or any other perceived abnormality it would be best to contact your PS.

Incisional healing

At three weeks post op, incisions rarely look completely "normal".  The photo is poor quality, so no diagnosis here.  I there is no redness, tenderness or drainage, it likely healing well, but if you have real concerns, I would not place a photo on an internet site, but would contact my plastic surgeon for an opinion.  Best of luck.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Incision healing

I can't see the incision on the photo you posted.  It's difficult to answer your question or reassure you.  If the incisions were glued, however, it may look odd to you.  I would certainly recommend visiting with your surgeon who could likely reassure you.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon