Does anyone in my area use the endoscopic technique with fiber optic for muscle repair ? Would this be my best option?

I live in the Troy area and am in need of an epigastric hernia repair. I have also been told by 2 doctors that I have mild diastasis. I'm 5'5 1/2, weigh 122lbs. and have minimal loose skin. I have a regular torso (not short, not long). I am also interested in having a mini tummy tuck-one where the scar is no bigger than my current one. Thank you in advance for your kindness to help me. I'll try to post pictures in the next day or so.

#MiniTummyTuck #tummyTuck - endoscopic technique with fiber optic for muscle repair

This is only rarely done; I don't personally know anyone who does it (though I've read about it).  That's at least partly because in addition to tightening the muscles, the skin usually needs to be redraped in order to achieve a pleasing contour; it otherwise risks being bunched up.  One or more photos would help but you of course need to be assessed in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to go over the various choices and options.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Mini tummy tuck with diastasis repair requires umbilical float

You did not mention what your current scar is, but if it is a C-section scar then a mini tummy tuck would be done through that scar and may be only a little bit longer. The upper abdomen can be accessed using a technique called umbilical float. The endoscopic technique would not leave less of a scar because the skin would have to be undermined so that it can re-drape smoothly after the muscles are pulled together.

Richard Baxter, MD

Endoscopic mm tightening

I don't know of anyone that does endoscopic tightening of the muscles of the abdomen because if you tighten the muscles without taking the skin loose from the muscles you get a bunching of the skin that looks peculiar. In order to take the skin loose (called undermining) an incision needs to be made. It is difficult to get to the upper abdomen in a miniabdominoplasty because the umbilicus stops you from getting up there. Hope this helps.

Karen Quigley, MD