3 Years Post-op: Trouble Breathing, Pain Under Right Breast, Chest Pain & Hand Numbness

If I need an MRI do I need a referral? What kind of MRI do I ask for? The breathing is whats scary, its really affecting me. I had saline breast implants in July 2007, its been about 1 1/2 yrs that I noticed pain on under my my rib cage on the right side, some pain on chest, right hand numbness of two fingers? How serious is this?

Doctor Answers 4

Breathing issues

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Besides needing a referral  for an MRI, if you are having trouble breathing and have hand numbness it sound slikeyou need to see a doctor ASAP.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Trouble breathing = seek immediate consultation or evaluation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

IT sounds as if you should be in an emergency room rather than inquiring online. Trouble breathing is a serious issue that should be evaluated as soon as is possible.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

See your Doctor

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are some things that may be going on that your doctor needs to evaluate.  Go see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible so you can get a diagnosis and treatment plan.

Please see your surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I can feel your pain through the email and you should not be in pain . You need to see your plastic surgeon or another on e to examine you and treat you. MRI is a tool to help your surgeon to come up with the diagnosis and treatment plan. You may have sever capsular contracture.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 154 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.