Pimple like bump 1 year and 7 months after rhinoplasty. What should I do? (Photo)

I had nose surgery last year april 2015, goretex implant, cartilage from my ear to do tiplasty and alarplasty. 2 mos ago.I had a small bump like pimple that showed under the tip of my nose (photo). I gott enterobacter cloacae complex.In taking antibiotics, I found and picked a thin light blue suture about 1 inch of a size from the surface. The wound is healed now on the outside but fluid keeps on coming out, sometimes yellow or red and it seems like re-occuring again. What should I do? Please help

Pimple like bump 1 year post op

You need to schedule an appointment to see your surgeon. This looks like a suture abscess and will need to be treated by your surgeon.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Please send all pics and history to your surgeon. There is such thing as a suture abscess and sutures can occasionally cause a reaction with a bump on the skin or drainage. It often doesnt resolve until the stitch is removed, regardless of antibiotics. Also it would be important to find out where your gortex implant is and to be sure it is not in the area where you are draining. 

Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon