Is finasteride working for me or no?

I have been taking Finasteride (1.25mg) for 5 months and my hair seems to have gotten thinner. I don't have a receding hair line, I just have fine/thin hair in general. Is finasteride working for me or no?

Finasteride- what can it do for you?

Finasteride helps you to keep the hair you have, it does not grow new hair nor does it thicken existing hair.  It would be best to see a hair restoration specialist and have an exam which includes a microscopic evaluation.  This study will show you if you have thinning (miniaturization) and active hair loss.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is finasteride working?

The way to find out if finasteride is working is to have a HAIRCHECK instrument measure your hair bulk on two occasions and see if there is an increase in bulk

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon