Can my stomach be repaired with a belly button? (photo)

I was born with my intestines on the outside of me I'm be love with this car that I was left with with no belly button

Can my stomach be repaired with a belly button?

Thank you for your question and photo.  One may be candidate for scar revision and creation of a new umbilicus.  I would start with a face to face consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in this area.  During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicus reconstruction

Reconstructing the belly button ( umbilicus) is possible as well as revising the midline scar of the abdomen. Recommend evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon. You may require more than one procedure to achieve the desired result. Best, Dr. Yegiyants.

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon