I'm seeing a yellow drainage above both areolas after my breast augmentation surgery. Should I be worried? (Photo)

I'm seeing a yellow drainage above both areolas after my breast augmentation surgery. Should I be worried?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, clean the area with medical soup and cover it with gauze, you can also consult your surgeon.

Follow up with your surgeon

Contact your surgeons office to be seen. This needs to be evaluated in person for proper care intructions. Best wishes. 

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Wound on breast

Thanks for you inquiry, it looks like you also had a lift.  Please ask your doctor to evaluate it and discuss wound recommendations.  After heals you should ask about scar management products.  

Not just a breast aug

you must have had a lift also with the lolli pop style incision. Some wound separation/breakdown is not the end of the world, with conservative wound care things typically heal without a problem. 

Wound Concerns

Thank you for your question and photo. Minor wound separation will usually heal well with simple wound care. I recommend that you have your Plastic Surgeon examine you however, to rule out infection.

All the best

Drainage after BA

Thank you for your question. Look like some healing issues. Because you mentioned yellow discharge I recommend you to see your PS for evaluation and to rule out infection.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Yellow drainage above your areola is cause for concern.

Greetings,

With photos alone and no detailed history, it is difficult to be certain whether you are optimally healing this open area.  You should have your plastic surgeon see you immediately to answer your questions and provide an appropriate plan of treatment.

The photo could indicate a small area of skin loss and the redness may be a sign of infection.

Good luck with your wound care and healing.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Drainage ?

Based on your pictures it appears you may have an augmentation mastopexy. The area around the periareolar incision appears to be an area of delay wound healing, the reasons are generally multifactorial. Please contact your plastic surgeon for a prompt evaluation. Best of Luck !

Dranage after breast augmentation.

It appears you have an incision all the way around the areola and part of it is not healing or could have an infeciton.  Not knowing what approach was used to insert the implant, I would tell you to call your surgeon as soon as you can for the proper advice. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon