Could I possibly have alopecia or a fungus on my scalp? Shaved my head as a child & it has never truly grown back?

as a toddler, i shaved the sides of my head, removing the hair of my hairline significantly. i am an adult now, and it has never truly grown bck, its not balb and shiney, but its spaced out and thin and short. i have tried alot of products and im desperate now.

Thank you for your question. Thank you for your question. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated, To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Scalp

you should have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, and provide options available to you. without photos or being seen in person it is impossible to tell what condition(s) you may have. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Hair not growing back after shaving?

natishabarker,

Would recommend that you see a hair loss specialist in your area to have a thorough evaluation.Once a definitive diagnosis is made then a short and long term plan can be implemented. To rule out fungus a skin scrape and Koh slice is made, but there are many other causes that are more common. 

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hmmmm...getting to the bottom of hair loss and treatments with prp and progesterone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Worried about fungus

See a dermatologist and that type of diagnosis can be made from scrapings of your skin. Be proactive

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

I would recommend an evaluation by a dermatologist to evaluate your alopecia. The most common type of hair loss is androgenetic alopecia, but there are many other processes that can affect hair growth and hair loss, and it is important to have that evaluated early so you can be treated appropriately.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon