Can you tell me if a diabetic person can have a mommy makeover or a tummy tuck? Thanks

Diabetic mommy makeover

Yes, many diabetics successfully have tummy tucks and mommy makeovers!  The risks of surgery are higher, but we take these into consideration and make the necessary modifications to limit these risks as much as possible.  You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific situation.  Best of luck!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

MM for a diabetic

Most Diabetics can have plastic surgery safely. To minimize risks, you, your diabetic doctor along with your plastic surgeon need to make sure that your diabetes is under good control before and after the procedure. Although some complications may be increased, such as infection, the odds are generally in your favor that you will do OK

Diabetes and surgery

Yes.Being diabetic does not limit your ability to get a Mommy Makeover or tummy tuck as long as your blood sugar is well-controlled with insulin or metformin.I would recommend that you discuss your goals and your current health with both your primary care physician and a Board Certified plastic surgeon as you pursue these goals further.

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Diabetes and surgery

Thank you for your inquiry.It is absolutely possible for you to have a Mommy Makeover or tummy tuck as a diabetic.The key here is to make sure your blood sugar is well-controlled either with insulin or metformin to ensure the best possible healing.I hope this helps.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Mommy Makeover - With Diabetes?

Thank you for your question. Diabetic patients can successfully undergo mommy makeover surgery. The risks are slightly higher, but can be managed by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Your blood sugar needs to be well controlled in the peri-operative period so your primary care physician will need to be involved. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Diabetics can have elective cosmetic procedures, provided their blood sugars are under control

insulin-dependent diabetics don't run a higher risk of the average population for most cosmetic procedures. This is assuming that their blood sugars are well controlled. As you know diabetes interferes with blood supply to the skin as well as wound healing. Consult with your physician. You may need a medical clearance from your regular family doctor

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Diabetes & Mommy Makeover

Yes, it is possible for someone with diabetes to get a Mommy Makeover. Your surgery risks are higher so both you and your surgeon need to take that into consideration and plan accordingly. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

A diabetic can proceed with a mommy makeover with conditions.

Diabetes increases the risk of surgery. However, diabetics under good control can safely undergo elective mommy makeover surgery.

Mommy make-over in a diabetic

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Yes - if your diabetes is under control, your regular doctor gives you clearance for surgery and your surgeon feels you can undergo surgery with acceptable risk.
  • Many diabetics have surgery without problems.
  • However the risks, especially of infection are higher and control of diabetes before surgery is essential.
  • So please discuss this with your regular doctor and your plastic surgeon so surgery is as safe as possible.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Can you tell me if a diabetic person can have a mommy makeover or a tummy tuck?

It is possible for a diabetic patient to have a mommy makeover or tummy tuck.  However, the patient would need to have their diabetes under good control and not have other significant health problems.  Be certain to discuss this with both your primary physician and your surgeon.  Make sure they have had a chance to communicate with each other regarding your health history, medications and your proposed surgery.  If either doctor has concerns about your proceeding, then follow their advice and avoid the surgery.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon