What can I use to remove marks from my face that is either age spots or NF spots not sure? (photos)

My baby was born with nf and I'm not sure if I'm positive for it but I develop then 2 years after he was born and the keep coming

Melasma can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams. Another laser I use is the Clear and Brilliant in the Permea setting combined with creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help. Melasma treatments should be tailored to each patient.

All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Pigmented lesion removal

Pigmented lesions are not all the same.  Melasma as well as other pigmented lesions can be superficial or deep.  Each patient will require a specific treatment tailored to their skin which can include topicals, sunscreens, newer pulsed light treatments, chemical peels and lasers.  While superficial browns can be removed with 1 treatment, resistant lesions often require multiple treatments for a safe and effective treatment.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Melasma

This appears to be melasma. However, a thorough history and examination is necessary to determine the etiology of your skin discoloration. There are options out there! The key, in the meantime, like Dr. Emer commented, is to use sunscreen and protect the skin from any inflammation (Iike a sunburn). 

Manu B. Aggarwal, MD
Lima Phlebologist

Getting to the bottom of it--Combination Approach needed: lasers, peels, sunscreen

See a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. A combination approach is needed. You will need a good topical bleaching regimen and broad spectrum sunscreen that protects you against long wave UVA.  Peels, laser treatments, and pulsed light treatments work well for treatment. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer