Approximately how many cc will a very petite person require? Weight 115 lbs, height 5'2" & BWM 9' '9.5 no kids, very lean

Approximately how many cc will a very petite person require

The volume decided upon will be decided by you and your plastic surgeon.  It depends on the size you are and what size you wish to become.  In addition, your surgeon will take measurements to help in the decision.

Breast Augmentation and choosing Implant Size

Thank you for your great question.

There are many ways to properly determine your implant size. Most important is in-office evaluation and many measurements we perform during a comprehensive evaluation.  This will allow us to determine not only the size (the "cc"s) but also review different types of implants.

You will have many options be based on your medical history and physical exam which will include the tissue type, location of nipple and areola, breast folds, asymmetries to name a few. The actual implant size (the "cc") is totally individualized.

The Breast Augmentation results are mostly dependent on surgeons expertise, experience, dedication, and artistic vision. This is why the results may be very different from one surgeon to another.

Make sure you have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in this procedure. Check her/his experience, credentials, reviews, before and afters, and have a quality consultation.

It is preferred for your surgeon to be member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and also member of "American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery". This means they have been evaluated by the society and recognized that the focus of their practice is high volume, honest, and high quality aesthetic plastic surgery.

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

Breast implant selection

Thank you for your question.  Without a face-to-face examination it is impossible to determine the skin surface area that you have, your breast tissue distensability along with the actual dimensions of your breasts.  I prefer to have patients select a photographic example of what they would like to set as a target and then determine the actual size of the implant placed during the surgical procedure when I can check the size, shape and contouring of actual test implants once they are positioned.  I would advise you to seek consultation with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons until you find someone you are comfortable with who gives you confidence that they are best able to achieve your goals.  You might enjoy the video above for additional information on how I choose to select breast implants for greatest accuracy during rather than before the surgical procedure.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link

Breast Implant Sizing

There is more to biodimensional planning other than BWD.  It is spoken about by patients and surgeons alike as though that's all there is.  In fact, there are other measurements as or more important than BWD to determine your anatomic capacity for an optimal implant size. 

Go on a few consults with a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons for a consultation.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation sizing

This is a difficult question. You really need to have a consultation to have a complete evaluation.  Many factors go into picking the right size and profile. Good luck

Miguel Delgado, MD

When trying to choose an implant size

you really need to see a surgeon who can guide you through the process using either external sizers (which I do and my patients feel have been quite accurate in achieving their goals) or 3D imaging.  Your anatomic measurements will be taken and are needed to choose the right profile for your body with you choosing the volume that you feel comfortable with.  Call surgeons and schedule a consult.  If you are fine with using the Internet, you may schedule a  complimentary SKYPE consultation with me by call in my office at (530) 215-1118 and instructions would be provided to you on how to size at home.

Curtis Wong, MD

Consultation

Specific impossible to determine without consultation in person. Many factors vital including base width, amount of breast tissue, and skin quality 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size for a Petite Female

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C and a 38 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. There is no direct correlation between implant number of cc's and cup size in any particular patient.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size in Petite Female

The size of breast implants for any woman and is a personal decision that must take into account multiple factors of which the most important is what your goals are. Knowing your goals and using intraoperative sizing methods will answer the breast implant volume that meets your needs and expectations.