Do I have a weak chin? Should I get a chin enhancement?

I am concerned for having an overly small chin. I want to improve my side profile.

Chin Augmentation

Augmenting your chin would certainly improve your profile, but placing a chin implant may or may not be the right answer. Many times the chin is small but your bite is in good alignment, this is called microgenia. If you have a significant overbite and a small chin, the condition is called micrognathia.  Micrognathic patients are sometimes better off with lower jaw surgery to correct the bite as well as project your chin. If your bite feels right and you simply want to improve your profile, then a chin implant is a very straight forward, low risk procedure with a very high satisfaction rate. Hope that helps and best of luck.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

Thank you for your question and photo. You could consider a small implant or if you are unsure a temporary filler is a smart way to bridge into an implant. It can be dissolved if you are unhappy. Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon that performs at least 100 of these procedures per year. 

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Mentz 

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.