Are scars too wide and too dark? I got high profile 300 cc implants 11 months ago. (photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Are scars too wide and too dark?
Thank you for your question and photos, every scar heal differently accounting to your body you can however use different creams to help improve the scar but this will not 100% heal the scar. Do consult your Surgeon before your operation about the risks, size and shape that will be expected after your surgery.
Thank you for your question and photos. The crease on your left appears to be compromised- perhaps bottoming out. The incisions may be a little wider than they need to be but typically at one year IMF incisions have faded to be very light and less noticeable. You may have a tendency to keloid or have had sun exposure on your incisions? I recommend Silicone treatments for my patients who tend to scar darkly. There may be other options as well to discuss with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best
Redo breasts augmentation
Thanks for submitting your pictures and sorry for your disappointing result.
From observing your pictures, the following is noticed:
1. You appear to be full B cup size and I agree with you that you are too small. Your size should have been discussed before surgery.
2 You have excessively wide cleavage.
3. Your breast's upper pole is not full.
4. You have too long and wide sub mammary scars.
5. Your folds are asymmetrical. Right crease is lower.
Your situation is exactly the reason why I do not use the sub mammary incision. I use almost exclusively small sub areola incision which allows for a creation of a nicer cleavage, under direct vision and feel. I also use saline implants, that cost much less, feel very natural and do not require the long sub mammary fold incision, as silicone gel implants do.
Your redo surgery will require the followings:
1. At least , your breasts should be one size bigger. You did not provide your chest circumference measurement in inches , which is critical for the correct implants' size selection. Let's assume that you are currently 34 full B cup, to become 34 full C you'll need implants with volume of 450 cc. For 34 D cup - 525 cc.
2. For bigger implants you will require capsulotomy (scar release) to accommodate the bigger implants and look natural with nice full slope.
3. For nice cleavage , I would recommend the sub areola incision for the reasons mentioned above. This will also allows for capsulorrhaphy( internal bra ) of your right crease which will create symmetry of your folds.
4. Your sub mammary incision can be revised and made narrower.
Base on your breasts augmentation, I would suggest that you consult with other, hopefully experienced, board certified plastic surgeons , who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.
Best of luck,
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.