Which minimally invasive options do I have besides direct excision for Gynecomastia sagging? Chest lift? Laser? (Photo)

I had microaire Lipo done for gynecomastia. I see a difference but I am not satisfied. It seems as the gland mass is not that great but the issue is that my chest sags and it is visible from far. Are there any other less invasive but effective skin tightening operations for me? Chest lift for men possible or less invasive than excision?

Technique Options Available for Male Breast Reduction

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. 

The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. Your plastic surgeon may recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and which techniques are are best for your type of gynecomastia.

Gynecomastia

Perhaps a combination of liposuction and direct glandular excision  may be beneficial. However, the skin will not likely retract.

Treatment for a saggy chest after liposuction for gynecomastia

More than likely, you had inadequate or incomplete removal of excess fat and gland.  In my experience operating on thousands of men with gynecomastia, the need for skin tightening is extremely rare if sufficient excess tissues have been removed and the skin undermined sufficiently.

Minimal scar revision surgery should improve you significantly.

Please check out my website, which is specifically devoted to gynecomastia and gynecomastia revision.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
NEw York City

Secondary gynecomastia

As you have already heard skin tightening procedures are not the answer.  This should respond to the traditional operation involving liposuction and gland removal. It can all be done including the gland removal through a tiny incision in the armpit. There should  be a significant amount of skin shrinkage after adequate removal. Good luck.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

GYNECOMASTIA Trenton NJ

Do not do the same mistake twice.
The only proper treatment is gland excision.
How.How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Further treatment required

I find that in the vast majority of patients a combination of liposuction and open excision of the glandular tissue is required to give the best results. I actually use smart lipo triplex along with microaire as I think the fatty tissue in this area can be quite fibrous and the laser helps with this. 

Vivek Sivarajan, MBChB
Glasgow Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of gynecomastia

This is a classic problem when an inadequate procedure is performed. A combination of glandular resection and liposuction was required in your case. Any liposuction alone could produce the current result. Minimally invasive skin tightening produces minimal results and would not be efficacious for you. Unfortunately, except in borderline cases, your preoperatve condition and not the desire for less surgery should have set the operative course. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia Revision

Nick
Your photos indicate that you may just need a second liposuction procedure, and not skin excision. How long ago was your first procedure? If more than 6 months, then ask your surgeon about a revision, try to avoid big scars on your chest. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD