I'm on a list for gynecomastia removal for male breasts. Will they remove the fat from the thighs and stomach?

Not only that i gained male breast but i gain massive weight from the medicine.

Yes these procedures are commonly done together. It's a discussion between you and your board-certified plastic surgeon. The real question is the "medication" you mentioned that caused this type of weight gain. 

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of other areas with Gynecomastia

Along with treatment of gynecomastia, many patient choose to have other parts of their body addressed.  Most commonly liposuction of the the abdomen and waist.  This should be discussed with your surgeon ahead of time since it is usually considered an additional procedure and will require more time time and usually additional fees.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Surgery Planning

It is unclear to me from the information you've provided, which medication you are taking or what degree of weight loss you may need.

Liposuction is not appropriate for whole body weight loss, but for contouring and reducing smaller, problem spots/. Fat can be removed from thighs and abdomen as well as breasts through Liposuction, and glandular breast tissue is often removed as well in Gynecomastia cases. I recommend that you discuss your surgical plan in detail with your Plastic Surgeon so that you can be sure what to expect from your procedure.

All the best

Liposuction can be used to remove fatty gynecomastia or pseudogynecomastia and the same technique can be used to remove excess fat elsewhere if that would give the desired aesthetic result.  It is not a diet procedure

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your impending gynecomastia surgery!  Because liposuction is often required as part of treatment for gynecomastia it can be used then to remove the fat from your thighs and stomach, but this will likely incur an additional fee.  Speak to your surgeon and voice your concerns, they are in the best position to help you.

Liposuction and gynecomastia surgery

You need to speak with your surgeon in order to have the other areas treated. Likely there will be a fee as well.

It is likely that some liposuction will be performed for your gynecomastia, that is the case most of the time.  It is generally possible to do liposuction of other areas at the same time, and this is commonly performed.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Liposuction for gynecomastia and other areas

I do a lot of liposuction for gynecomastia. At each consultation for this procedure, I discuss whether the patient is interested in getting lipo other areas also. If they are interested of course the length and cost of the surgery goes up, but it makes more sense to get this all done at one time. If by chance your breast surgery is covered by insurance then there will have to be a discussion as to where the surgery can be done that reasonably allows mixing of insurance and cosmetic cases. I am lucky in my practice that my surgery center also has contracts with most insurance companies. Also our local hospitals now give us reasonable cosmetic rates for using their facility so I can offer choices. Good luck.