Why 480cc ultra high profile looks so small on me compare to others? (Photos)

First I got 300cc high profile. Year later (this summer) I had ba again and got 480cc ultra high profile. However when I see girls who started the same as me (totally FLAT) and got 480cc ultra high, their breasts look sooooooo much bigger than mine. Why is that? It was the same way when I had 300cc, they looked so much smaller. It makes me so sad. My doctor also said I have a chest condition where my chest wall isn't flat and implants want to move to sides. Does it influence why my boobs look small

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Why the same sized breast implants look different on different women

Hi - the final shape, size and position of breast implants is influenced very much by your individual anatomy such as chest width, chest shape and volume of your own breast tissue.  You have fairly large implants at 480cc and ultra high profile should give you a full projection.  If you keep going larger then you risk side effects such as rippling/visible implants and also the skin will stretch so the implants won't last as long.  Other girls may have had more of their own breast tissue to begin with which is why their breasts may look larger with the same sized implant.

Everyone is different

Thank you for posting photos along with your question. During a consultation, when patients try and compare themselves to others, I tell them to be cautious. The reason is that there are so many variables from person to person. If you put the same implant in multiple different women they can all have different results. Some of these factors are the following:1) Chest wall- some people have ribs that project outward, some that are relatively flat and some that can even be depressed. 2) Muscle thickness- Thicker muscles can add some volume compared to those whose muscle is not very developed3) Breast tissue- The more breast tissue you start off with the bigger your breasts can look Hope this helps!
Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon