I already feel movement on the left side of my forehead 16 days after getting Botox. Should I've received more injections?

I didn't have a complete "frozen forehead", but on the 16th day I feel more movement than before. I had about 16 units and this was my first time. Until today I had a slightly frozen feeling, but now I can move the left side of my forehead more than before. I'm only 34yrs old and I don't have any deep wrinkles. There are a few spots on my upper forehead that I can still see fine lines. Should I go back to my doctor?

Botox Results

It appears that you may require a larger dose. I'd recommend speaking with your qualified injector to discuss your concerns and to determine your options.

All the best.

Botox and Results

If you want less movement you likely need more units injected so go back to your physician for more.  I like a more natural look however, with some movement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Timing for Botox touch ups

Botox remains the most commonly performed injectable procedure with 90%+ satisfaction rate. Touch-ups are definitely possible to maximize your results, but the timing is key.

Botox typically takes 3 days before you see any effect. The full result may be seen at 7-14 days. I follow-up with my new patients at 2 weeks to find out if they are happy with the result. On the first injection, I try to stay conservative and I take careful notes of how much was injected and where. The dose of the touch-up is noted so you can achieve your desired result without the need for a touch-up the next time around.

I would recommend returning to the doctor who injected you to discuss the options they can provide to you.
It's also important to go to someone who is appropriately trained to inject patients with Botox.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead and botox

14 units is not a lot and depending upon what was injected will determine why you are acting so soon after your procedure.

Botox and Follow up

I always evaluate all of my Botox patients two weeks after their injections to determine if they need more Botox. You should return to your treating physician for evaluation to determine if more Botox is needed. Best, Dr. Green

What's the Best Next Step

Thanks for your question regarding botox injection.  After 16 days your results will have set in.  I set up post injections for my patients 10-14 days after their procedure to see where they are - especially for newer patients.  At this point, we can decide to add additional botox or stay with the current plan.  Best advice is continued consultation and communication with your physician for optimal results.  After a few "rounds" of botox over the coming year the two of you will have the best understanding of what your needs are and will get easier each time.  

Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Movement of forehead 16 days after getting Botox: Do I need more?

Administration of forehead botox can be more technical/artistic than other areas.  If too much is given it can cause your brows to droop.  Not enough and you may still have lines, and sometimes still having some lines is the right choice if your brow tissues are already low.  I tend to treat the forehead tissues very conservatively on first time patients and do minor touch-ups at a few weeks afterwards if needed.  This helps avoid an unwanted effect that can take 4+ months to clear.  I'd contact your injector and get a little more where it is still moving if this is bothersome to you and safe to do given your aesthetic goals.  Best regards.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for your excellent question.  After 16 days any Botox that you have been given will have fully kicked in to provide you with your long-term results.  If your current movement is more than you desire, see your injector for a touch-up treatment.  When it is a patient's first time receiving Botox, assessing their forehead's sensitivity to Botox is difficult, and I feel it is better to add additional Botox after 14 days rather than too much initially.  Your dosing can then be better adjusted on your next treatment cycle.  Hope this helps. 

Results of Botox lasting 16 days..

Thank you for sharing your case. The results following Botox injections should last about 4 months. You should see your doctor for evaluation. 
Good luck,

Botox for forehead wrinkles

It could be that you had an asymmetric injection, that is the left side was not injected as much as the right.  The forehead could need as little as 10 units to as much as 40+ units.  You could wait another week and then if not happy go back to your doctor.  The key for best Botox results is to see an experienced specialist facial plastic surgeon or anther specialist physician who has interest and training in Botox injection.  Hope this is helpful.