What Treatment Can I Get for my Indented Scar That Resembles a Dimple?

I'm 25 years old, 6 years ago i had a dental issue wherein my right molar was filled with pus and leaking over to my lower right cheek. The problem is, it left a scar which resembles a dimple and becomes more apparent when i smile. What i've noticed is that the skin seemed to be fused to my jawbone when i compared it to my left cheek. is fillers enough to treat this or surgery is necessary?

Doctor Answers 1

How to treat a dimpled-in scar

A photo would be helpful to determine the best course of action, but if it is a small area I would consider two options:

  • excision of the scar altogether
  • subscission and filler

The choice of procedure depends on the size of the scar.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.