Treatment for Under Eye Hollowness? (photo)

I am 29 years old and have always had a hollowness under my eyes which makes me look tired or older. The skin itself is not darker, just appears that way. My friends say they hardly notice it but that is all I see when I look in the mirror. I am considering a filler. Is restylane preferred over juvederm? What are my options? And what is the worse case scenario as I am concerned with some of the horror stories I've heard, as I know this is a very sensitive area to treat.

Doctor Answers 1

Under eye hollowness

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You could put a temporary hyaluronic acid filler like restylane or belotero in this area to improve the appearance.  Juvederm is more hydrophilic and would not be the optimal choice here.  You should see an experienced injector for this area.  Main risks are bruising or embolism in inexperienced hands.

Maui Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.