What Treatment is Available for an "Angry" Look?

Even when in a good mood I am always being told to cheer up because the corners of my mouth are downturned. Can anything be done and at what cost approximately?

Doctor Answers 3

What Treatment is Available for an "Angry" Look?

Yes. The corners of the mouth are often elevated or supported with dermal fillers. I also think that Botox treatment of the DAO muscle is a useful adjunct to filler treatments and in some cases will use only Botox for this area. Seek an experienced injector as treatment of this area requires an advanced injection repertoire. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 129 reviews

Angry looking corners of the mouth are easily fixed.

Filling in the downturned corners of the mouth is an easy thing to do with radiesse for roughly $650 and can last up to a yr. No more angry look. Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Treatment for "Angry Look"

Yes there is surgery to correct corners of the mouth.  Many times this surgery can be performed in an office setting.  Sutures usually stay in 5 days.  Post-operative care involves ice for 48 hours.  We find the results amazing with very happy patients.  The cost will vary depending on the area of the country your are in.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs this surgery, to discuss your concerns and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 62 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.