How Can I Treat my Puffy Nipples? (photo)

I am a fairly muscular 22 year old male. I have had this problem ever since I can remember and it has made me feel awful about myself for years. It started at the beach but now even when I am wearing shirts it looks horrible. I really need a fix for this so that I can go to the beach again. I am not that lean at the moment but I had it before, even when I was sub 12% body fat. If I need surgery then so be it. But is there a non-surgical way to fix my problem? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Puffy Nipple Correction.

Puffy nipples can be reduced by removing extra breast tissue directly below the areola and nipple. It is oftne done under local anesthesia as an office procedure.

This gynecomastia can be treated by surgery and will not come back.

This gynecomastia can be treated by surgery and will not come back when done by an experienced surgeon.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Treating Puffy Nipples

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition.
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. This is done by a one-on-one in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Avoid Lipodissolve!

Non-surgical treatment is generally ineffective or only partially effective.  With regard to Lipodissolve (aka Mesotherapy), the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) website states that scientific evidence showing effectiveness of Lipodissolve  in treating gynecomastia does not exist, and many complications have been reported with its attempted use.

Puffy Nipple Treatment

Hi blogger23,

Thank you for the post and the photo.  Puffy nipple is due to excess glandular tissue under the areola. This makes the areola appear larger and lighter in color. There is no non-surgical treatment for removing glandular tissue that yields predictable results. Surgery is the mainstay in treating puffy nipple. I recommend that you see a plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Gynecomastia

Based on your picture, it appears that you have gynecomastia. Unfortunately, there is no non-surgical treatment for gynecomastia. However, the recovery time for gynecomastia surgery is minimal and you should be able to return to work in about a week. 

I have performed many successful gynecomastia surgeries and would like to invite you in for a complementary consultation. 

Best of luck, Dr. Marefat

Saeed Marefat, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

PUFFY NIPPLE CORRECTION

Whole breast is reduced through ultrasonic assisted liposuction. Remaining core of the tissue below nipple  which is the main cause of the puffy nipple  is than removed through small periareolar incision.This is a daycare procedure and you can join collage or office next day

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Chest Liposuction would be Helpful

Thank you for your photo.  Unfortunately,  there are no proven non-surgical treatments.  Liposuction of the chest would help flatten the chest and nipple.

Dr. ES

Treatment of puffy nipples from gynecomastia

The condition that you are describing is a classic typcial  gynecomastia.  It usually presents as a young adolescent male, possibly a little over weight.  As you mature in to your late teens early 20's and the weight comes down the breasts stay the same.  There is no non-surgical method to correct this problem.  Liposuction is occasionally helpful but if there is any breast tissue under the areola a subcutaneous mastecomy is required.  A full examination is needed to give you more information as to which treatment will be effective.  It does no good to try to liposuction breast tissue as it will not aspirate.  

How Can I Treat my Puffy Nipples?

From your post, you state that even when you were minimal body fat you still had this problem.  I would be very hesitant to do liposuction alone, as this will only remove fat and not the tissue that is causing the excess fullness that is there even when you are lean.  You likely need gynecomastia surgery, where a small incision is made around your areola and the tissue is directly excised.  I have seen too many failures of liposuction alone, leaving the patient with no choice but to under go another surgery.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon