How Can I Best Treat This Lump? (photo)

I have lollipop incision that ends with a hard/thick lump, what should I do to smooth it out (assuming its nothing alarming but a bit of fluid)?

Hardness after Lollipop Breast Lift

Thank you for sharing your photos.  It appears that you have a little bit of puckering at the bottom of your incision.   This is done to minimize the amount of scar or prevent a horizontal component.    

It should respond to time and scar massage.  If still present at 6 months, it can be revised with an office scar revision.

Dr. Gill

How Can I Best Treat This Lump?

Looks like early in healing phase. Allow at least 3 months of healing before thinking about a revision!// 

How Can I Best Treat This Lump?

The incision looks infected and may require antibiotics. Don't wait, you should see your PS soon to have this diagnosed.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Lump on a breast lift incision

It is hard to tell if this is extra skin or a fluid collection.   You should be examined by your plastic surgeon if you have any concerns

Mastopexy incision

I hope you have been in touch with your plastic surgeon to have this area rechecked.  You appear in the photo to have a lot of redness around this hard area and this can only be fully evaluated in person to make sure there is no infection or fluid build-up causing the problem.   

Catherine T. Milbourn, MD, FACS (retired)
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lump after a breast lift.

Hi Thamar.  It is hard to know what that is without examining you.  It looks like a "dog ear", meaning a fold of skin at the end of ain incision. These usually shrink away with time.  If you are concerned, I  suggest you show it to your plastic surgeon.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon