How to treat cystic pimple on my face?

I'm a 29 yo male and just started getting acne again. I have a cystic pimple on my face. It's been there for almost two weeks, so I'm guessing it won't come to a head. Just wondering how long it will take to heal, can I do anything to speed up the process and is there anything I can do to treat the discoloration of the skin (turned from red to purple). Thank you!

Doctor Answers 1

Large cystic pimple on face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have a singular cystic pimple you could see a dermatologist and possibly have it injected with a bit of Kenalog (cortisone). This will take it down almost immediately. If you have these frequently, consider seeing a dermatologist for a medication to keep this more controlled.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.