Do genetics have anything to do with Brazilian Butt Lifts being permanent?

My mom got a fat grafting for the wrinkles in between her eyebrows. They were supposed to be permanent but stayed for only 2 yrs. She went to a very reputable doctor as well. If I did a Brazilian Butt Lift, would it stay for only a certain length of time or would it be truly permanent?

Brazilian butt lift and fat grafting long-term results are determined by the surgeon's skills and experience

The success of fat transfer lies in the surgeon's skills and experience.  To achieve long-term results (or at least 8-10 years), the fat grafts must form their new blood supply; hence, microdroplets technique is used during the re-injection process so there are minute spaces between them to promote blood vessel ingrowth. 

To further achieve a high survival rate (my personal aim is to produce at least 70 percent survivability rate), the fats must also be collected in the gentlest manner possible and all the impurities must be removed prior to re-injection.

For photo reference, please feel free to visit the attached link. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

There are probably a multitude of factors that can influence the result and this may be one of them.