Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty for Tear Trough in my Case? (photo)

Please look at my photos and see.... I am stuck in Italy at the moment and this is the only place I can do the surgery... the doc wants to do a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty but will this get rid of that ugly dark line underneath???? I really just want the line to be gone!!!!!! it's even affecting the top of my cheek as you can see, and i am only 24 years old.

Doctor Answers 5

Fillers first

You have nice full cheeks and lids, which is a sign of youth. Your tear trough ["ugly dark line" would be improved by adding volume [hyaluronic acid] to the lower lid.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty for Tear Trough in my Case?

Thanks for the photos posted. Try a filler HA first to see if the tear trough deformity is improved before considering surgery. 

Darryl J. Blinski, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 173 reviews

Treating tear trough

Given your photos and age I suspect that you could address your lower eyelid concerns with volume enhancement alone (without blepharoplasty). This can be done with soft tissue fillers such as restylane or juvederm or your own fat using fat grafting techniques. My link below shows an example of how this area can be treated without blepharoplasty.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Eyelid line.

Try using a small amount of Juviderm first before having surgery! Stay away from salt and pork. 

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

You may be a candidate for an injectable filler treatment to improve the appearance of your lower eyelid grooves.

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You appear to have lower eyelid grooves that go from the inner corners of your eyes down beneath your lower lid bags. In general, when I see deep grooves without excessive lower lid fat, I may favor a non-surgical approach.

You may benefit from consulting a dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon familiar with the delicate art of injecting the lower eyelid area which may be unforgiving.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 418 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.