What option is best to rejuvenate my hands? (Photo)

I am 34 years old and my hands are very aged. My hands have lost their smoothness and are quite wrinkled. In addition, when I squeeze and pull the skin on my knuckles, it tents for a while before going back to its original position. If I go outside in the cold without gloves, my fingers look shrivel and very skinny. What procedure should I get in order to replace the volume in my fingers as well as the rest of my hands to make them look youthful again?

Hand rejuvenation

Hi seen your pic of your hands regarding your concern of volume loss which can be improved by long lasting fillers,.for more longevity results soft tissue augmentation with autologous fat grafting will be a better option,to begin  with to use topical creams and sunscreen to protect from extrinsic ageing.

What option is best to rejuvenate my hands?

Radio frequency is the best current gold standard laser treatment for tightening of the skin. It is useful all over the body, fave and hands. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Hand rejuvenation

The hands, just like the face, need care and attention. Since we often neglect to put sunblock on our hands they tend to age more rapidly. My recommendations for hand rejuvenation include: Radiesse injection for volume restoration. This filler is injected under the skin of the hands to help them look more volumized and youthful. It will help mask visible veins in the hands which become more prominent as we age. For the skin of the hand I would start with topical skincare products. You need to be vigilant with sunblock and reapply it throughout the day. Maintaining the moisture barrier of the hands is also important so make sure you moisturize them regularly. You might consider a heavy moisturizer at night and sleeping with cotton gloves on. Remember to treat your hands like your face. You can use your facial skincare products on your hands (or products designed exclusively for hands). The important things are  to minimize environmental exposure and improve the quality of the skin on the hands at your age. 

Allison Pontius, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Aging hands

The response to cold raises the question whether you have a condition called Raynaud's disease which makes you more sensitive to cold. This may occur alone or be associated with collagen vascular disease. For Raynaud's cold avoidance is best. For simple measures for improving the appearance of your hands essential fatty acids such as flaxseed oil will add to the overall health of your skin and excipal hand cream from cvs will help.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon