Are there any doctors near Maryland who perform labiaplasty for under $1500.00?

I would like to have this procedure done but am on a budget. I see many reviews where people had their surgery done relatively cheaply with good results.

Cost for a labiaplasty?

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA. 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Budget labiaplasty

This is not something that you want to do on a budget. I know that you may want to have this procedure done, but it shouldn't be done based on price alone. You need to find an experienced surgeon to do these procedures for you as you want it done right the first time. Revisions are not only costly, but may not be able to completely correct your initial procedure. 

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Cheap labiaplasty

It is better to wait and save up your money. A cheap labiaplasty usually comes from an inexperienced doctor. You want quality surgery and experience, a bargain deal. If you have one parachute jump to make, you do not want the cheapest parachute you could find on your back. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Discount Labiaplasty?

Thank you for posting your question regarding your labiaplasty conundrum. Often in life, you receive what you pay for. I feel that like your face, your labia Minora are very important and you want to have the very best results the first time that you have surgery.  I highly recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with labiaplasty. At the time of your consultation, you will be examined, discuss you goals and see dozens of the plastic surgeons before and after photos to review. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift 

Playing "Russian Roulette" with cheap labiaplasty surgeons...

Yes, I'm sure there are. Many of the doctors on this site see patients who have had surgery from these doctors later on for $7000 revisions, when their initial charge would have been $5000. You get what you pay for in LP as in anything else. Odds are that a "$1500 labiaplasty" will be OK, but equal odds are that it will not. The vast majority of the horrific botches viewed every day were performed either "under insurance" or "...on the cheap." Do you want to take that chance with your sweet vaginal lips?! Alternatives: financing; borrowing from relatives; asking the surgeon you trust for a small discount (many of us will give under certain circumstnces.) Don't set yourself up for "...worse off than before surgery..!" (See weblink below!)

Regards,

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Are there any doctors near Maryland who perform labiaplasty for under 1500.

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Because of the number of unhappy labiaplasty patients who post photographs on realself.com I would strongly recommend you seeing labiaplasty surgeons in consultation to help you avoid common pitfalls of this procedure.  Though unlikely to find one for 1500 dollars, I would advise saving up the money to have a specialist perform your procedure.  Best wishes

You can't afford to have a cheap labiaplasty

Bargain basement shopping is great for clothes and other sundry items especially on Black Friday. Labiaplasty isn't one of these. Surgeons with skill and experience in labiaplasty aren't cheap, but you'll have the peace of mind that only an expert can deliver and you're much less likely to get botched. Financing can put these within your reach. If you can't afford an expert, you certainly won't afford the even more expensive revision that you'll need when your cheap surgeon can't fix it.