5 Days Post Op TT and Lipo of Hips with Breast Lift I Assume Its a Bad Ideal to Get on Scales?

5 days post op TT and lipo of hips with breast lift I assume its a bad ideal to get on scales? If u guessed I did:-( I didnt expect my weight to change any but it was up 4lbs! And I assume its just the swelling, oh waist line is up 3 inches really????that is over my binder! My waist wasn't that big for my size it was in my lower tummy that was big...I haven't been eating much cause I get full so easy, wow that's a good thing .. no nausea..just tell me I'm being crazy here

Weight 5 Days after Tummy Tuck, Lipo, and Breast Lift

At 5 days, you may have several pounds of fluid still on board.  Yes, you should just calm down.

Weight after tummy tuck, breast lift and liposuction

Weighing machines cause more panic than anything else I know!

Tummy tuck, liposuction and breast lift is a lot of surgery.

• Your maximum swelling is 3 days afterwards.
  • You can gain 5 pounds of fluid after major surgery
  • It will go away by itself.
  • If you find the recovery difficult, ask your surgeon for anxiety medicine.
  • I tell my patients to NEVER WEIGH THEMSELVES. Loose clothes tell you as much as any weighing machine. Best wishes!

Mommy Makeover results

Yes, this is the normal amount of weight gain with any tummy tuck and breast surgery.  The scale is not your friend at this time.  I feel manual lymphatic drainage will help you get rid of alot of the fluid you are hanging onto at this point. This is a normal reaction to the "trauma" to your belly and breasts. Hang in there, you will be pleased as the size continues to go down and wait on the scale watching.

Don't get on that scale

Whatever you do, don't start weighing yourself. You still have extra volume in your system and soft tissue from the surgery. That will eventually go away but it does have weight associated with it. Realize that your surgery was not a weight loss procedure but rather one to help your overall contour. Often times it is 6 weeks before you can really appreciate the change in your figure. You will do great..as long as you stay off the scale!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Weight after surgery

Weight gain after this type of surgery may seem unusual, but it is not.  You have swelling from surgery that will go down as you continue to heal.  Just be patient.  Continue to eat right and listen to your surgeon's orders regarding activity, and stay away from the scale.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Bad Ideal to Get on Scales

It was a bad idea.

When my 8 pound 10 ounce first child was born, the weight loss of the child and the placenta was almost 18 pounds, yet on day 5 (discharge in that bygone era) his mom weighed a few pound more than on admission to labor and delivery. 

Not only did you make a bad choice to get on the scale, you chose just about the worst day possible. 

When I see body contouring patients back a week after surgery, I have already told them to expect not to be able to fit in their jeans because of swelling from fluid retention. It may take a month to be back to pre-op size, and then the improvement begins. 

Patience,  Best wishes. 

Talk with your surgeon, but 4 pounds isn't uncommon.

It’s not unusual for patients to experience significant weight gain following mommy makeover surgery because of swelling.  This occurs for a variety of reasons.  Patients are typically given significant amounts of I.V. fluid during their surgical procedure.  In addition, the body responds to trauma or surgery by retaining fluid as a protective mechanism. Under these circumstances, patients can see significant weight gain from fluid retention following mommy makeover surgery.  The weight gain typically peaks five to seven days following surgery and in most cases, resolves spontaneously. In your case, a four pound weight gain typically wouldn’t be unanticipated following this type of procedure.  If you’re anxious about this phenomena, discussion with your surgeon is appropriate.  Your surgeon should be able to reassure you and make your post-operative experience  more comfortable.

5 Days Post Op TT and Lipo of Hips with Breast Lift

5 Days Post Op TT and Lipo of Hips with Breast Lift can take about 3 weeks for you to see your final weight.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Tummy Tuck and Lipo Over But Weight is Up and Tummy Looks Big

Yes, this is because you are retaining fluid. And this is completely normal. The fluid put under the skin for the lipo contains a salt solution which also retains fluid.  Breast implants have some weight also.

You can expect to look swollen and need a week for that to start going down. At five days you are at the point of maximum swelling. 

The lower abdomen will look swollen for up to three months, going through some phases of healing including firmness before it gets its final look between 3 and 6 months.  You don't have to worry.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Weight after mommy makeover

Definitely a bad idea to get on the scale after surgery.  Weight gain is very common right after surgery due to swelling and fluids from surgery.  This weight will slowly dissipate over several weeks and you should return to your preoperative weight. 

Naveen Setty, MD