Should I be worried about uneven swelling after breast augmentation? 390cc on the R breast and 400cc on the left (Photo)

I am 9 days post op, after the 2nd day of my breast augmentation my right breast automatically went soft and started going down while the left was hard and stiff and up. I wanted low profile to have them look natural I wanted a full C so I chose 400cc I was an A/B cup so I had told my physician 400cc and he said he agreed with me. But now that I see the R going so low I'm wondering if the implant is leaking? The L one is the size I would've liked them to be. I don't know if I should be worried?

When breasts change progresssively in size

something is happening.  With a molded cup bra, you can tell if the mound is shrinking or the other increasing and both situations require attention.  If shrinking and you had saline, you do have a leak and sometimes valves are bad and will need a replacement.  If one is enlarging, you may have a fluid collection or bleed around the implant and that also needs attention.  So see if you can objectively see if something is changing.  And if not, then you just have some asymmetric settling and your surgeon should help you with maneuvers to help make them the best they can be!

Should I be worried about uneven swelling after breast augmentation?

By the look of your photos I would be concerned that you have a post operative hematoma in the left breast.  I would contact your PS to be evaluated.  If you have a hematoma it needs to be evacuated.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Left side implant malposition

From your photos it, seems that the left side implant maybe riding high; in the early postoperative period you can try to readjust your implant down manually as well as by wearing a breast band; I would check with your plastic surgeon.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Asymmetry after BA

We cannot make any definitive comments as to whether one has a hematoma or the other is deflating. Please visit your plastic surgeon ASAP for diagnosis. Best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Results Immediately after Breast Augmentation

Congrats on your surgery.  It is very difficult to assess your situation online but my recommendation would be to follow up with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible as my concern would be that you may have a hematoma. 

Again, the only way to tell would be by thorough exam by your plastic surgeon, however in the immediate postoperative period, when we see significant asymmetry, excessive swelling, our concerns are that there may be some bleeding or blood in the pocket.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Your concerns regarding breast asymmetry is certainly understandable; you will be best off following up with your plastic surgeon, earlier than already scheduled if necessary, for in person evaluation.  Online consultants will not be able to help you with specific enough diagnosis/advice to be truly hopeful. Best wishes.