I have had a child 5 yrs ago and have not yet to get orgasm. Rejuvenation vagina to help?

i am wondering will reguvation vagina can help my situation i dont think i need any work on outside of vagina but will this procedure bring back what i once had please if some one can advise me and a good dr to recommend. How does one know if they need this produre and how much does it cost and what is the recover time ??

Non-surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi and thank you for your question! 

We have been using various non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedures for the last few years. We are mainly using the Geneveve now, which is a radiofrequency based device. Geneveve is a non-surgical, no downtime, no pain, 30 minute treatment. The recommendations are one treatment per year. We would have you in for a consultation to determine in you're a candidate and if we think it could help address your concerns. Our patients have reported significant improvements in vaginal tightening, urinary incontinence, lubrication, sensation, and enhanced orgasms. Everyone is different and therefore its hard to predict the final result, but on average those are the results patients are reporting. 

Feel free to call our office and come in for the complementary consultation. 

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Vaginal rejuvenation and orgasms

Dear Esparza:

Let us first discuss what is vaginal rejuvenation?  Vaginal rejuvenation really means the internal tightening of the vagina and tightening of the vaginal opening usually to enhance friction for intercourse.   In experienced hands this surgery is approximately 85-90% successful as defined by the patient ( i.e. she is satisfied with the enhancement of friction during the act of intercourse 12 months after surgery).  T/he only surgeons who can claim this success rate are the surgeons who wrote the papers. This surgery is usually accomplished by performing posterior vaginal wall surgery ( known as a posterior repair and coupling this with a levator muscle plication) + a vaginal opening repair known as a perineoplasty.   This requires experience, expertise, and good knowledge of  the pelvic floor.      Patients who have had spinal trauma i.e. lower back injury, chronic straining due to "constipation' and or lifting heavy things, multiple childbirths may need more than just tightening procedure they actually need vaginal reconstructionAs for definitively improving orgasm. 

Prior to addressing surgery we must first and foremost you must define the type of orgasm you are accustom to having.   Some patients can have clitoral orgasms, others vaginal orgasms and still others both.  Let me not forget to say some women have never had an orgasms and can't have orgasms and if the hope is to have vaginal rejuvenation so they can suddenly start to have vaginal orgasms----- this is not very likely.   Rejuvenation works best in women who at one time had vaginal orgasms and now can't do to a lack of friction. There are not studies that say you will definitively improve orgasms.  If vaginal rejuvenation is going to improve one type of orgasm if will be the vaginal orgasm and the reason is simple :  the vagina is made smaller so there is more friction during intercourse and  penis will come in contact the pressure receptors responsible for helping the woman achieve orgasms.   Any surgeon who tells you they can guarantee a return of your orgasm you really need to steer clear of that surgeon.

Choose a surgeon with experience, expertise, a great reputation and one who achieves great results.    Don't allow distance stop you from finding the most skilled surgeon possible.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Laser vaginal rejuvenation

Hello Esparza, 

Thank you for your time. 

Your situation is a complex matter that may have nothing to do with female anatomy or physiological functioning. In such cases, it is difficult to give information without a comprehensive history and physical exam.

The human female sexual response cycle is a complex mechanism involving the psyche, physiological functions of the sexual organs, neuromuscular system, cardiovascular system, the 5 senses, as well as other physiologic systems and organs.

Anorgasmia (inability to have an orgasm) can possibly be a sexual dysfunction. In this case, these surgical procedures are not for you. In such cases, treatment may require care from psychologist, psychiatrist, or sex therapist.

This is a small percentage of women who are normal in all respects and have this problem. I recommend a consultation in order to receive detailed information.

Laser vaginal rejuvenation will effectively enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. It will also effectively decrease the internal and external vaginal diameters as well as build up the perineal body. Sexual gratification for the female is directly related to the amount of frictional forces generated according to Masters and Johnson. We can accomplish this with Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation.

Will Vaginal rejuvenation get back my orgasms?

Hello Esparza,

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear that you're no longer having orgasms. There could be a number of reasons why it's become impossible for you, but surgery isn't necessarily your answer. If you haven't even achieved an orgasm thru masturbation, then correcting the inside of the vagina isn't going to help you. There could be a hormonal imbalance, nerve issues since the delivery, or psychological/physical stressors involved (ie. work, children, partner, etc.)

I've performed 1000s of Vaginal rejuvenation procedures over the last 20 years and not until I started offering The O-Shot have I been actually able to improve orgasmic function specifically in my patients. My recommendation I to find an O-Shot provider in your area, preferably one who can perform a proper evaluation of your post-baby vaginal status and also offers hormonal management.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

How to find the right surgeon for vaginoplasty/vaginal rejuvenation who takes into account sexual matters

Hello Esparza,

A well-done vaginal tightening operation includes a Perineoplasty (lifting, bulking and aesthetically repairing the opening), Posterior Colporrhaphy/"Repair" (eliminating the "rectocoele" or herniation bulge of the thinned vaginal floor) and a Vaginoplasty (removing all scar tissue, re-approximating all of your pelvic floor muscles and tightening the vaginal barrel.) Ideally as well it should include pelvic floor muscle exercisers for strengthening the newly-approximated muscles. Pricing should also INCLUDE the facility charge and anesthesia charge. BEWARE of fraudulent pricing that only includes the surgeon's fee, then turns out that the "out-the-door" charge is actually double what you've been quoted for surgery. Any "Vaginal Rejuvenation" or "Vaginoplasty" repair that does not include ALL of the above is far less likely to "work" in the long term. Be careful of docs who advertize "non-invasive" or "non-surgical" vaginoplasty. DOES NOT WORK!

In regards to orgasm. Yes, a well-performed repair will "push" the penis or toy more tightly up against the G-spot, upper vaginal wall and clitoris, and improve the possibility of vaginal orgasmic response, but the reasons for lack of, difficult, or weak orgasms are so varied! My suggestion is to only see a surgeon who is also interested in and savvy about sexual matters (carefully look at their website and see if "...sex matters" to them-- look for memberships in sexual medicine societies, certificatiuons, blogs about sex,  articles written, etc.) This type of physician (combination Cosmetic Gynecologist + Sexual Medicine practitioner) can  better design a procedure of other therapy more likely to fit your personal needs!

Our "out-the-door (TOTAL) cost for full vaginal rejuvenation/perineoplasty/vaginoplasty is $7250, less any applicable discounts. Our cost for the "O-Shot" ("Orgasm shot," utilizing PRP- platelet-rich plasma) is $1400, but is reduced to $1100 for patients also receiving Vaginoplasty type procedures. We also pay for up to 2 night's stay at a local quality hotel for out-of-town patients. See the attached weblink for O-Shot info, and look under both the Blogs and "Cosmetic Genital Surgery" for full info on Vaginoplasty

Does vaginal rejuvenation restore missing orgasms?

Vaginal rejuvenation surgery (vaginoplasty) tightens the caliber of the vaginal canal and perineum. This creates more friction and sensation during sex. For many women with your story this is the missing ingredient for orgasms. For others, it improves the overall experience, but doesn't help the orgasm. There's no test for this beforehand.

Vaginal Rejuevation and orgasms

Thank you for sharing.

Orgasm is a multifactorial process involving physical and mental factors.  That said :)

Vaginal rejuvenation or a vaginal tightening procedure will increase friction during intercourse and thereby should in theory improve sensation and orgasm.  However, that is not always the case since achieving orgasm is often more involved then just friction.   There are several options for tightening the vagina both surgical and non surgical ( lasers ) which achieve excellent results.  I would also consider PRP therapy such as the O Shot.

First and foremost, I would recommend a detailed history and physical with an experienced cosmetic gynecologist to evaluate for any pelvic floor dysfunction and discuss further options available to you.

Best of luck.

Lack of orgasm

It sounds like you once were able to achieve orgasm but have not since the birth of you child.  Causes of female sexual dysfunction (such as lack of interest, lack of arousal, lack of orgasm and pain) is complex and variable. I don't think anyone is able to tell you a simple answer without spending some time talking and examining you.  Unfortunately because it is complex and uncomfortable for most patients and doctors, you may have to work a little to find the right person to help you. It  might require looking at all physical, hormonal, anatomical, relationship or personal (emotional) causes. It is a little easier if you once had an orgasm. Many women experience sexual changes after having a child for very different reasons - and you are not alone (at least 20-30% of women report sexual dysfunction in most studies), so asking questions and seeking answers is a great start. Before anyone invests in a surgical or noninvasive treatment (none have any guarantee), I always want to explore other reasons -  get checked by your obstetrician, consider an evaluation with a pelvic physical therapist, find good books that explore sexual problems in women, or talk to a sex therapist.  Then if you exhaust all the non anatomic reasons, you will feel better about investing a few thousand dollars in a procedure.  I am speaking as a mother and general OB/GYN x 23 years, who does pelvic surgery, Femilift, and PRP injections.  Good luck and don't give up in your pursuit.  I often compare sex to golf - it takes practice, focus, and patience to keep enjoying the game (especially after getting in a rut).  And its really fun to play with someone you love.  

Will vaginal rejuvenation help me have an orgasm?

Its not uncommon for women to have difficulty with orgasm after childbirth.  There are multiple reasons for this that can include vaginal laxity related to damage during the birth process.  This can lessen the friction during sex and decrease the ability of a woman to climax.    Other things can be going on as well.  Before you jump to surgery to tighten your vagina I would recommend you try masturbation on your clitoris with some type of vibrator.  A back massager that you plug in or "sex toy" would suffice.  If this works well and it usually does then vaginal tightening can help you because it brings the penile shaft into better contact with the clitoris.