I have had a child 5 yrs ago and have not yet to get orgasm. Rejuvenation vagina to help?

i am wondering will reguvation vagina can help my situation i dont think i need any work on outside of vagina but will this procedure bring back what i once had please if some one can advise me and a good dr to recommend. How does one know if they need this produre and how much does it cost and what is the recover time ??

Will Vaginal rejuvenation get back my orgasms?

Hello Esparza,

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear that you're no longer having orgasms. There could be a number of reasons why it's become impossible for you, but surgery isn't necessarily your answer. If you haven't even achieved an orgasm thru masturbation, then correcting the inside of the vagina isn't going to help you. There could be a hormonal imbalance, nerve issues since the delivery, or psychological/physical stressors involved (ie. work, children, partner, etc.)

I've performed 1000s of Vaginal rejuvenation procedures over the last 20 years and not until I started offering The O-Shot have I been actually able to improve orgasmic function specifically in my patients. My recommendation I to find an O-Shot provider in your area, preferably one who can perform a proper evaluation of your post-baby vaginal status and also offers hormonal management.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Denver Urogynecologist

How to find the right surgeon for vaginoplasty/vaginal rejuvenation who takes into account sexual matters

Hello Esparza,

A well-done vaginal tightening operation includes a Perineoplasty (lifting, bulking and aesthetically repairing the opening), Posterior Colporrhaphy/"Repair" (eliminating the "rectocoele" or herniation bulge of the thinned vaginal floor) and a Vaginoplasty (removing all scar tissue, re-approximating all of your pelvic floor muscles and tightening the vaginal barrel.) Ideally as well it should include pelvic floor muscle exercisers for strengthening the newly-approximated muscles. Pricing should also INCLUDE the facility charge and anesthesia charge. BEWARE of fraudulent pricing that only includes the surgeon's fee, then turns out that the "out-the-door" charge is actually double what you've been quoted for surgery. Any "Vaginal Rejuvenation" or "Vaginoplasty" repair that does not include ALL of the above is far less likely to "work" in the long term. Be careful of docs who advertize "non-invasive" or "non-surgical" vaginoplasty. DOES NOT WORK!

In regards to orgasm. Yes, a well-performed repair will "push" the penis or toy more tightly up against the G-spot, upper vaginal wall and clitoris, and improve the possibility of vaginal orgasmic response, but the reasons for lack of, difficult, or weak orgasms are so varied! My suggestion is to only see a surgeon who is also interested in and savvy about sexual matters (carefully look at their website and see if "...sex matters" to them-- look for memberships in sexual medicine societies, certificatiuons, blogs about sex,  articles written, etc.) This type of physician (combination Cosmetic Gynecologist + Sexual Medicine practitioner) can  better design a procedure of other therapy more likely to fit your personal needs!

Our "out-the-door (TOTAL) cost for full vaginal rejuvenation/perineoplasty/vaginoplasty is $7250, less any applicable discounts. Our cost for the "O-Shot" ("Orgasm shot," utilizing PRP- platelet-rich plasma) is $1400, but is reduced to $1100 for patients also receiving Vaginoplasty type procedures. We also pay for up to 2 night's stay at a local quality hotel for out-of-town patients. See the attached weblink for O-Shot info, and look under both the Blogs and "Cosmetic Genital Surgery" for full info on Vaginoplasty

Does vaginal rejuvenation restore missing orgasms?

Vaginal rejuvenation surgery (vaginoplasty) tightens the caliber of the vaginal canal and perineum. This creates more friction and sensation during sex. For many women with your story this is the missing ingredient for orgasms. For others, it improves the overall experience, but doesn't help the orgasm. There's no test for this beforehand.

Vaginal Rejuevation and orgasms

Thank you for sharing.

Orgasm is a multifactorial process involving physical and mental factors.  That said :)

Vaginal rejuvenation or a vaginal tightening procedure will increase friction during intercourse and thereby should in theory improve sensation and orgasm.  However, that is not always the case since achieving orgasm is often more involved then just friction.   There are several options for tightening the vagina both surgical and non surgical ( lasers ) which achieve excellent results.  I would also consider PRP therapy such as the O Shot.

First and foremost, I would recommend a detailed history and physical with an experienced cosmetic gynecologist to evaluate for any pelvic floor dysfunction and discuss further options available to you.

Best of luck.

Lack of orgasm

It sounds like you once were able to achieve orgasm but have not since the birth of you child.  Causes of female sexual dysfunction (such as lack of interest, lack of arousal, lack of orgasm and pain) is complex and variable. I don't think anyone is able to tell you a simple answer without spending some time talking and examining you.  Unfortunately because it is complex and uncomfortable for most patients and doctors, you may have to work a little to find the right person to help you. It  might require looking at all physical, hormonal, anatomical, relationship or personal (emotional) causes. It is a little easier if you once had an orgasm. Many women experience sexual changes after having a child for very different reasons - and you are not alone (at least 20-30% of women report sexual dysfunction in most studies), so asking questions and seeking answers is a great start. Before anyone invests in a surgical or noninvasive treatment (none have any guarantee), I always want to explore other reasons -  get checked by your obstetrician, consider an evaluation with a pelvic physical therapist, find good books that explore sexual problems in women, or talk to a sex therapist.  Then if you exhaust all the non anatomic reasons, you will feel better about investing a few thousand dollars in a procedure.  I am speaking as a mother and general OB/GYN x 23 years, who does pelvic surgery, Femilift, and PRP injections.  Good luck and don't give up in your pursuit.  I often compare sex to golf - it takes practice, focus, and patience to keep enjoying the game (especially after getting in a rut).  And its really fun to play with someone you love.  

Joi Davis, DO
Pewaukee OB/GYN

Will vaginal rejuvenation help me have an orgasm?

Its not uncommon for women to have difficulty with orgasm after childbirth.  There are multiple reasons for this that can include vaginal laxity related to damage during the birth process.  This can lessen the friction during sex and decrease the ability of a woman to climax.    Other things can be going on as well.  Before you jump to surgery to tighten your vagina I would recommend you try masturbation on your clitoris with some type of vibrator.  A back massager that you plug in or "sex toy" would suffice.  If this works well and it usually does then vaginal tightening can help you because it brings the penile shaft into better contact with the clitoris.