Will my breast lift flatten out with time? (photos)

I am 12 days post op. I got 650cc on the left and 749cc on the right. My left side lift looks bunched up and you can really see the difference even over my shirts. Will this flatten and fix it self over time ? And will it become more round when it drops and fluffs?

Will my breast lift flatten out with time?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Yes they have to, do not worry and wait for the swollen goes down and besides that wait for them drop. It will take a while,you will have to use your post-surgical bra too, it will be ok, you're healing good.

Post-Op Healing

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. So, if you remained worried at all then you should visit your surgeon for a follow-up exam to make sure that healing is progressing well.

12 days after breast surgery

Thank you for your photos. Breasts continue to change dramatically during the first 1-2 months after surgery. During these initial weeks, the swelling and assymetric healing occuring will make your breasts look less than ideal. Overtime as the swelling subsides and the tissues soften, your breasts will improve in appearance and feel. If you are still concerned, you should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who can better explain what to expect. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Worried about result of lift plus implants

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

I think the problem you are seeing is the implant riding higher on the left. Yes, things will improve a lot with time, as the implants settle in place. So don't worry - but do share your concerns with your own surgeon too.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Will my breasts flatten out over time?

Hi,

No, your breasts won't flatten out, they will drop as the implants stretch the skin with time. 12 days post op is too early to judge. Please be patient and allow your body to heal itself. As for the areolas... the pleating will flatten out and subside. However, it is imperative that you wear a bra 24/7 for at least 4 months to minimize areolas from becoming misshaped. Remember the laws of gravity still exist on your chest. The implants you chose are quite large and heavy. Wearing a strong supportive bra will help keep them in place for years to come. Continuously wearing a bra will also minimize areolas from becoming stretched out with time. I hope you find these helpful.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Peri-areolar scar pleating and tincture of time #plasticsurgery

I dislike the peri-areolar breast lift technique because of the skin pleating associated with it - but these pleats do settle down and flatten in most patients. Scar quality is nowhere near the fine-line scar we see with vertical breast lift techniques.

Expect Asymmetries

Your larger breast with the pleats had more skin too, so it will eventually droop more than the smaller breast that has been substantially more overfilled with the larger implant. The pleats will eventually subside, but your areola will be oddly shaped. Revisions don't usually fix that problem either, because the forces of the excess skin continue to pull on the areola asymmetrically. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implants will settle

unless textured anatomic implants were used as they settle less.  If round smooth implants were used, your upper poles will flatten and you should focus on having them settle evenly so they are level.  Ask your surgeon for advice on how best to achieve your goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast asymmetry

It looks like your right breast implant is malpositioned superiorly thus making your lower breast pole and nipple look unexpanded, thus more pleating around your areola than the left; I would follow up with your surgeon who may be able to reposition the implant inferiorly and keep it in place with a band.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Your photos indicate you had a Benelli Lift which results in a gathered scar for several months before it gradually smooths out and flattens. The overly round full upper breast comes from large implants and will probably improve over the nest 3 months. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD