Liposuction - how to get rid of lumps
Thank you for asking about your liposuction,.
- It is common after liposuction to be swollen and have some firm nodules.
- But it isn't clear what is going on -
- Was your liposuction at a spa? Who did the surgery? How much fat was removed?
- It is not usual to need anything to shape the belly button after liposuction.
- Nor is massage and RF and Ultrasound necessary -
- It sounds as though you need to see the surgeon who performed your surgery in follow up to answer your questions about how you are healing.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression
It's normal to be swollen and lumpy for the first couple of months after liposuction.Please see your physician to evaluate. Best, Dr. Emer
The fact that you were mentioning a spa races multiple red flags.
There are way too many variables for us to give you any kind of accurate assessment in regards to your specific situation.
Uneven results around the belly button is unfortunately common after liposuction unless done by someone who has great skill and talent.
Most of the time it is or fairly minor irregularities and can sometimes be repaired by revision procedures.
I don't believe any of the adjuvant treatment you had i.e. massage, heat radio frequency etc. will have any impact on your final results after liposuction.
In my opinion once the procedure is completed the results will follow, either good or bad, and the results cannot be altered by minor secondary modalities.
I suggest following up with your provider in.
If your procedure it was not performed by board-certified plastic surgeon then there will be some medical director or physician responsible you can talk to.
In general you're better off staying with board-certified plastic surgeon's for most cosmetic surgical procedures.
Mats Hagstrom M.D.