Wanting tummy tuck & silicone implants 350-400cc. Surgeon suggest full anchor lift I wish for benelli? No lift possible? (photo)

I do not like the scarring and complications that can be associated with the full lift. Nipple sits above crease doing pencil trick. Surgeon is pretty stern about his suggestion and I feel a somewhat natural look would be better with slight sag.

Mommy Makeover with Augmentation Mastopexy

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.
#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. Now, the intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Always talk to a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your issues and concerns. Information that you read online may not apply to your situation. Make sure your surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Tummy tuck, Augment, ?periareolar mastopexy

If you were my patient and you wanted to try getting by with a Benelli type procedure and you realized this may not be adequate to totally tighten your skin envelope, I would certainly be willing to go this route for you. You can always do more of a lift at a later date but you can never do less. A Benelli is a procedure not everyone is comfortable doing. You may want to get another opinion.

Karen Quigley, MD

Lift probably not necessary

I don’t think you need a lift based on your photo. If you are considering that size of implant, there is a high complication rate associated with a lift/augmentation.

BA or Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and photos. Some people can go with or without a lift depending on their specific measurements and on their aesthetic goals. If you feel that implants without a lift would better meet your expectations, it may be worth meeting with another Plastic Surgeon to explore that option.

All the best

Variations on a lift

Over the years, I have had good luck with a periareolar lift and a lateral extension of the scar. You might like that better. There are no cuts under the areola or the breast. Will try to post a picture today, as a matter of fact..

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift techniques...

I am sure your surgeon is recommending the anchor because they feel it is the best.  It is always okay to get another opinion if it would make you feel better.

In my opinion a Benelli mastopexy sounds great because of the minimal scars but is not likely to give you a perky breast and will not shift the weight of the breast up the way you want.  I think that an anchor may be required if you do not have an augmentation....perhaps not even then...but a consultation would be required to tell for sure.  If you have an augmentation done at the same time it is very unlikely that you would need an anchor.  A vertical (or lollipop) lift is likely to be the best choice.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Benelli not best. Love the lollipop!

A Benelli lift will leave you unsatisfied, no doubt about it.  You will get all the scars but none of the lift you need.  A vertical, or "lollipop" scar lift technique is the way to go, for sure!  Listen to your surgeon.  He or she has only your best interests in mind.

I hope this helps!

Dr. Robert Shenker MD FRCSC 

Mommy make-over - can't I have a Benelli lift?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• In the photo, you nipples seem below the natural crease -
  • If they are, you would need a vertical or anchor lift. 
  • (The vertical lift has little or no crease scar.).
  • A Benelli lift either provides little lift or flattens the breast.
  • A vertical lift is a compromise between the anchor and the Benelli.
  • If the photo is misleading and your nipples are clearly above the crease, an implant alone should be fine.
  • Since you aren't sure about the rigid advice of your surgeon, consider a second opinion.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover - Need A Lift?

Thank you for your question. Based upon your description, it sounds like you are a candidate for mommy makeover surgery. Skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. The breasts could benefit from a lift. I believe the anchor lift yields a better result than the Benelli. The Benelli lift tends to distort and flatten the breasts. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Lifting

I would tend to agree with your surgeon. A Benelli is not often done anymore for bigger lifts because it flattens the breast and changes the shape. Although the scarring is more involved the full lift will likely give you a better result 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon