Is my vagina normal? (Photo)

I am starting my first sexual relationship and although we haven't gone all the way or anything It will happen. I am worried that it looks weird or isn't normal, can someone please help me??? How can I tell if something is wrong and what do I do??? Also any advice on how to make things look nicer???

Nothing is wrong

While you may have slightly enlarged labia minora (difficult to tell from the photo), and in looking at the vaginal canal, you are looking at healthy tissue that covers the opening, which may be the lining of your vagina (normal) or the intact hymen (normal). None of these issues are any cause for concern, nor will your partner (if they are worthy of your intimacy) have anything to say of concern. Men are usually not nearly as fixated on the appearance of the vulva than women seem to be. Just take your time and make sure you feel comfortable with them. While i'm not in the practice of giving sexual advice, if they're a good person they will love you for everything that you are! 

Labiaplasty techniques in Los Angeles

A gyn examination will help allay your anxiety. Labiaplasty techniques vary and include skin tightening, laser vaginoplasty, clitoral hood reduction, and labial contouring. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Is my vagina normal?

Dear AnnaBanana1357,

Thank you for your clinical post and photograph. Your vaginal architecture and anatomy seems completely normal. The concepts and anatomic and physiologic function of the region, the labia majora, minora, the vaginal introitus, vault and cervix are all a necessary part of reproduction also sexual excitement. There are many online sources and descriptions of the anatomy and physiology, but rest assured that the anatomy looks perfectly fine. There certainly has been a tremendous interest recently in perineal aesthetic enhancement of the mons pubis, laser hair removal, labia minora augmentation and reduction, but from the photo you have submitted and at your age you can be perfectly secure in having very normal and functional anatomy.

I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Normal vulva

Your Vulva appears to be well within normal range. This picture does not show the entire area- but many sizes, shapes, colours- are "normal" for genitalia. There is nothing wrong with you, however It is not uncommon for women to have concerns over their Labia appearance or discomfort. If you wish to discuss surgical options, I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. They will examine you and discuss your aesthetic goals to help you plan.

All the best

From your limited photo

your vulva anatomy is normal.  With time and more familiarization with the area, you will decide if something down there bothers you or not.  If it does, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and get evaluated.  Options will then be provided to you at that time.

Curtis Wong, MD

Normal looking vagina :)

Thank you for sharing, based on the photo you shared I can only comment on the opening of the vagina since the picture  does not show the entire vagina, clitoral hood and labias. However, based on what you have shown us, it does appear that everything looks okay. I wish you success in your relationship and best of luck!!If for some reason you experience pain during intercourse, please make sure to follow up with your gynecologist for further evaluation.

Is my vagina normal?

Dear AnnaBanana1357,

Thank you for writing in with your concerns.  From your photo (which only shows the lower half of your vulva), everything appears perfectly normal.  I can tell you that most guys are just happy to "get in the door" and aren't concerned about appearance, like women are.  If you continue to have concerns that prevent you from enjoying your experience with your partner, it would be a good idea to talk with a counsellor as well as a gyn physician who can guide you in your sexual health choices (contraception-wise) and educate you about STDs.

If you are interested in reading more about cosmetic gynecology procedures, please visit the link below.

I hope this information is helpful.

Dr. Troy Hailparn

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

YES - your vagina is normal

Hello Anna,
You have normal anatomy which will not impact your first sexual encounter in any negative way. Only your self perception of your vagina is interfering. The best I can tell you is that you are completely normal and your partner will be ecstatic to be with you.
Now, if you desire a change to your appearance, then you should consult with a cosmetic gynecologist to explain to them what you want to look different. I can reassure you, though, that the things that are bothersome to you will not bother your partner.
I hope this helps in you being able to relax and enjoy this very special time.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Your vagina looks completely normal

Nothing is wrong with your vagina. Stop stressing. Get on with your life. If you have a cosmetic concern seek out a consultation with a cosmetic gynecologist.

Is this normal?

There is a wide variety of "normal" when it comes to the female anatomy. This is a great time to establish care with a gynecologist you trust to discuss birth control methods and STI prevention, before becoming sexually active with your current partner. At your visit with your doctor, you would have an exam and could then address any questions you have about your anatomy. Best of luck, take care.