What can cause you to be unfit for cosmetic surgery?

I'm meeting a surgeon on Friday for a rhinoplasty consultation and a friend of mine told me not to sound like I have body dysmorphia and low esteem? My nose is ugly to me and I'm pretty sure that the surgeon will understand that it is my opinion and that I want it changed so does being insecure REALLY disqualify you from cosmetic surgery? I suffer from depression and see a psychiatrist, that won't affect my consultation, right? Basically, I would like to know otherwise what could disqualify me

Rhinoplasty

Wanting a rhinoplasty does not automatically make you a person who suffers BDS.  Go for the consult and discuss your concerns with the surgeon. Good luck!

Nose

kayla mitch, only your therapist can answer your concerns. I require all of my patients to be cleared for surgery medically and mentally based on ASA guidelines. Tell your surgeon you are willing to go to your therapist to get clearance; which he should request anyway. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon