Uneven swelling or crooked nose? (Photos)

I'm 4 weeks post-op from a rhinoseptoplasty. My nose was crooked when my cast came off but I was told that it was uneven swelling. I know it is too early to judge if anything went wrong, but I'm worried. My bridge seems to curve to the right. This cookedness is much more pronounced than pre-op. I have an appointment with a nurse next week, but I couldn't wait to ask about this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The biggest key to rhinoplasty recovery is patience. It is too soon to be able to determine what your final result will be and uneven swelling is very common in the healing process especially in the tip. The swelling in the tip can take up to a full 2 years before completely resolving and giving you your final result. If you are uneasy about anything you should direct your concerns to your operating surgeon during an in-person follow up. Best of luck!

Dr. Dhaval M.Patel

Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Chicago-Water Tower Place, Oakbrook, Hoffman Estates, Orland Park

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose Post Op

It is hard to tell when you are so soon after surgery. If you had a crooked nose to start and it was related to the cartilage portion of your nose, getting it straight in surgery is possible but can be challenging in certain noses. I would simply sit tight and give it more time. You will know for sure after a few more months. I am sure your surgeon will follow you closely for this.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

It can be difficult to correct the crooked nose.  The photograph shows a deviation.  The deviation will continue to change over time.  Trying to correct it in the early stages is not a good idea.  At the minimum a 3 months interval is necessary to ensure that all swelling has subsided.  At this point no intervention should be made as it will only complicate the healing process and the eventual result.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon