Unequal bruising of thighs after CoolSculpting - equal treatments?

30YOF first time coolsculpting done on my inner thighs on June 1st. I have moderate bruising on one side and no bruising on the other. Not concerned about the bruising itself, but wondering if there was a difference in the treatment done on each side? For the bruised thigh, the technician applied the coolsculpting suction, had to remove it (because she couldn't get the cooling to start), and re-applied it back on my leg for the treatment. I'm wondering if that is what caused the difference.

Thank you for your question. The reapplication could have caused the bruising. If you have any concerns, speak with your chosen provider. 

Regards, 

The re-application may have contributed to the bruising only occurring on one side. Although, this same possible side effect just happened to a staff member in our office. Identical treatment on both inner thighs, no reapplication of hand piece though. And yet, she still only had bruising on one inner thigh. No obvious explanation. Some people are more sensitive on one side of their body. It wouldn't affect the outcome of the result.

Stephen Dubin, MD
Las Vegas OB/GYN

Bruising after inner thigh cool sculpt

Sounds like the re-application of the applicator could have contributed to the bruising you are experiencing on one side. However, this should not effect your results. At 3 months you can see how your results are and hopefully it will be all worth it! Good Luck 

Coolsculpting and Results

Bruising is not a sign of results.  If the treatment was done effeciently and you are a good candidate you will get a good outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bruising and Treatment

If you are concerned that the proper or full length of treatment was not done you should return to your treating physician for examination.  For the best cosmetic results please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Bruising with CoolSculpting

Dear Sunkissed07:

You have likely hit upon the reason for the uneven bruising. But there was no mistake in technique in your treatment. If the cooling won't start it is because of built-in protective mechanisms that prevent treatment if there is any irregularity in contact or temperature of the skin adjacent to the cooling plates.

We actually sometimes intentionally place the applicator more than once in the same area before starting the treatment, because this loosens up the skin a bit and allows a larger area of skin to be taken up into the applicator and therefore maximizes the result.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Bruising from CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting can have any number of side effects of which bruising is one. This can not only vary from persons to person but also from section to section in the same person. 

It it is possible that the bruising on one side where it had to be re applied could be due to the fact it was applied twice. But nonetheless, this will not effect the treatment. Bruising should resolve within 1 to 2 weeks

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician