UltraShape - How effective is it?

Hello, I had a consult at a reputable cosmetic spa in Toronto that offers many non invasive liposuction procedures and packages. The head esthetician informed me that there may be a chance that there will be no improvement. I have a very small amount of fat on outer thighs. Based on your experience, what % of patients see a good improvement after treatment? 2800.00 is too much to pay to risk seeing no results or hardly any results........

UltraShape

UltraShape is a nonsurgical fat-melting treatment with no downtime and no pain. It works by sending ultrasound energy (not thermal energy or heat, which is the technique used by many lasers) to targeted fat within the subcutaneous layer, which lies deep in the skin. There, this ultrasound energy vibrates or shakes the fat cells until they fall apart and are liquefied, thereby selectively destroying these fat cells. The disintegrated fat cells then pass through the liver. So your body processes it just like you ate a fatty meal, and it’s excreted naturally as waste.

There is no damage to the surrounding skin or tissues. No anesthesia or sedation is necessary. The treatment is completely painless.

Patients experience visible body shaping—with no significant bruising, swelling, or any discomfort. And because the fat cells are eliminated, long-term results can be maintained (provided patients stick to their healthy diet and exercise regimen).

The average treatment regimen is three sessions, spaced two weeks apart, though the number of appointments may vary depending on a patient’s individual needs and goals. (Treatment time can take anywhere from 10 to 50 minutes depending on the size and number of areas treated.)

UltraShape is not a weight-loss treatment. You may end up losing some weight throughout the process, but UltraShape is meant as a treatment for stubborn pockets of fat that aren’t budging despite regular exercise and a healthy diet. If diet and exercise have failed to remove any unwanted budges of fat, then UltraShape is a logical next step.

Patients average a loss of two to three inches in circumference of the abdomen after a series of three treatments, spaced two weeks apart.

Coolsculpting Versus SculpSure versus Ultrashape and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

All noninvasive devices take 3 months to see roughly 15-25% improvement. For a non-invasive procedure, I prefer SculptSure or Coolsculpting over UltraShape. You will probably need multiple treatments. Hi definition liposuction will give you more immediate results, but there is much more downtime than with the nonsurgicals. Best, Dr. Emer

UltraShape for Non-Surgical Fat Reduction

Great question.  Our Lipo Spa staff in Albany has been doing these treatments for over a year now and of the hundreds of clients that we see monthly, some of them are good candidates.  Others may be a better candidate for Laser Lipo, CoolSculpting Plus, etc.  

With that said, in our experience, the UltraShape treatment can be very effective, but typically takes a series of 2-3 treatments for maximum results.  This machine is also very technique dependent so it's important to select a provider who is well experienced.

Our preferred method is our UltraShape Plus protocol where we combine this technology with other modalities and supplements to help lymphatic drainage (your body needs to process the fat cells targeted).

The price range that you mentioned is within the scope of what you might typically expect.

Best of luck, Doc Halliday

Douglas Halliday, PhD, MD
Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape

Ultrashape is a non-surgical treatment to reduce fat. Usually takes 3 treatments every 2 weeks to see a 1-3 inch reduction of fat in the targeted areas.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Ultrashape effectiveness

Thank you for your question!  My office has been successfully offering the Ultrashape for 1.5 years now, and we just upgraded to the Ultrashape Power which gets us even better and faster results. So I feel confident in saying that it "works" for 95% of the patients we treat.  However, every patient and person is different.  The main reason I've found someone might not get effective results is 1) they don't exercise regularly 2) they don't have healthy eating habits 3) they didn't have more than a pinchable inch of fat to begin with.  If you have only a small amount of fat on your outer thighs, that might be why you were told you may not see as much improvement as someone with more fat to target.  Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon