How much/what type of lip injections should I get? (photo)

I would like them to look bigger, but I want it to be relatively subtle. I'd also really like to even out my upper lip, as it looks thin. I know there's different types of lip injections. So what type would you recommend and how much of the injection for a minimal increase?

How much/what type of lip injections should I get?

A Hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm is a fantastic option for a great looking and natural result. It is possible to make a subtle improvement using a conservative amount of filler. When seeking treatment with filler for the lips, I would recommend an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. Each is a fantastic choice. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

How much/what type in lip injection should I get?

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. In my practice, I have had excellent success using Restylane or Juvederm for the lips. I usually recommend starting with 1 syringe of filler and then adding more in the future if necessary. I prefer to use the microcannula technique for lip fillers, which reduces risk of swelling, minimizes pain, and is essentially bruise-less. Different people have different volume requirements and it would be necessary for you to have an in-person consultation for more specific recommendations about the type of filler that should be used. I suggest consulting with an injector experienced with the microcannula technique for best results. Good luck with your treatment. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Lip augmentation

The best options for lip augmentation are the hyaluronic acid fillers - specifically Juvederm Ultra and Restylane Silk.  These fillers will provide a soft look and feel to the lips, and create a natural appearance when injected by an expert.  The added advantage is that both of these fillers are also immediately reversible, meaning they may be dissolved at any time.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for these treatments. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Thank you for  your question and photo.  Starting with a hyaluronic filler such as Juvederm or Restylane is a safe and effective starting point.  More importantly is having an experienced injector doing the treatment.  Seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist, Facial Plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in the lips to get a good, safe result.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation and a Natural Approach NYC

I would start conservatively with just one syringe of Juvederm or Restylane.  The shape of your lips is perfect for this type of filler. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with fillers for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry. What are Lip Fillers? Lip augmentation is done by injecting dermal fillers into the lips to add volume. They are safe and create fuller, plumper lips. For a minimal increase in size, subtle result, and to even out your upper lip, a hyaluronic acid filler such a Juvederm, Emervel, Belotero, or Restylane are all great options. The average price is $650-$850 per syringe. Some of my lip augmentation patients use 1/2 the syringe and keep the rest for touch ups later that year. This would be a great option for you! Best of Luck!!

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Lip fillers do great and look natural if done with skill and expertise. For first time users I prefer using Juvederm or Restylane. I suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  If you are looking for only a subtle increase in volume and would rather have greater definition and a filled out lip appearance I would recommend a thin hyaluronic acid based filler such as restylane silk.  If you would like a greater volumizer Juvederm Ultra Plus would be a good option.  Hope this helps.

HA's for the lips

Hyaluronic acid fillers are good choices for the lips.  They usually last between 6-12 months depending upon the product used.

Lip injection recommendation

You have relatively small lips. Restylane Silk gives enhancement but not a huge volume change. I would use this for your lips. I would use a syringe with about 65% in upper, 25% in lower, and then the rest in corners, and cupids bow. Swelling will occur for about 2 days. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD