Is Tummy tuck my only option? (photos)

I had three pregnancies ,and I am planning to have one more children in next 3to5 years .but I still want to enjoy my body in my late 20s. I had emailed one doctor for quotation for Brazilian and lipo ,but sadly she suggest tummy tuck. I did my research on tummy tuck surgery but still I don't want to live with big scar ,it is just something I can't live with. Any recommendations ?

Flattening the Tummy VS. Reshaping and Enhancing the Butt

I am ASSUMING you are asking what would flatten you the most a Tummy Tuck VS Liposuction with Fat Transfer to the Buttocks (BBL: Brazilian Butt Lift).

Liposuction would flatten the tummy some and may be associated with some skin shrinkage BUT it will NOT flatten it to the extent of a Tummy Tuck. A well done Tummy Tuck will recreate the hourglass figure, flatten the tummy AND raise the sagging privates. HOWEVER, there is no reason to have it and then undo everything with one or more pregnancies.

In this case, a BBL would define the lower back, upper buttocks and nicely augment the buttocks as well as remove some of the fat under the tummy skin. Then, after you complete your family, IF you are not happy with the mild degree of flatness obtained by the BBL. you can always proceed and have a Tummy Tuck.

Good Luck.

Peter Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Tummy Tuck

From your photo it looks like a tummy tuck is the best option for the abdomen.  You seem to have excess skin, and liposuction will not significantly tighten the skin.  

Dear saiyida8882,

Thank you for your clinical post and photographs. From the photographs you appear to have excess subcutaneous fat of the anterior abdominal wall or the front of your tummy as well as the love handles, both side and back. Liposuction especially modern based liposuction such as BodyTite and SmartLipo will get good skin contraction and fat reduction of the back of the love handles and side flanks. The front of the abdomen which has some skin laxity will also respond well to modern skin tightening liposuction preferably BodyTite which uses radio frequency energy. Studies have shown up to 30% area contraction, which will more than make up with the loss of fat and improve your skin elasticity. This will then allow harvest of fat, purification of the fat derived stem cells and adipocytes and injection to your buttock to create a nice full, round Brazilian butt lift.

As you’re planning on more children to add to your family you may in fact develop skin laxity, which would necessitate a tummy tuck at a later date or you may find that your skin responds well to your last pregnancy and you don’t require any skin removal procedure and hence avoid the scar.

I think researching modern liposuction techniques such as SmartLipo and BodyTite both of which I offer as well as Vaser Lipo will allow you the kind of results you want without the big scar associated with an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck.

I’ve been performing liposuction for almost 25 years and have pioneered the use of energy assisted base skin contraction liposuction and think you’d be a good candidate.

I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.

To find out more, please visit the link below. Pay particular attention to the areas of BodyTite and SmartLipo.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Based on the photos, you seem to have excess skin.  Liposuction can take away the fat along your abdomen but it alone can't fix you excess skin.  You should be a good candidate for a tummy tuck but to know for sure, best to follow up with a board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full evaluation.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Is Tummy tuck my only option? (photos)

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but if a BBL is what you want then that is what you should get. The fat can be harvested from the abdomen which will make for a better tummy tuck later if that is something you ever wish to do. Ultimately you have to do what you want to get the body you are looking for. If your stomach doesn't bother you then don't let anyone tell you that you need a tummy tuck. As long as the limitations of any surgery have been explained to you and you are making an informed decision then you can get whatever procedure you want. I'd suggest seeing a different surgeon. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Is tummy tuck my only option

Tummy tuck surgery is very popular and although there is a lengthy incision it usually heals very well.  I have found patients feel the scar is well worth the correction.    I would recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to  discuss your goals.

Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

From your photos it looks like a tummy tuck would be your best option. Since you are planning to have more children I would suggest waiting on surgery until you are done having kids. You appear to have a muscle diastase and liposuction will not be w best option in my opinion. 

Lipo vs tummy tuck

lipo will leave you disappointed. abdomenoplasty fixes skin , fat and the abdominal wall. lipo only fixes one of the three

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs. Liposuction , Toronto Plastic Surgeon , Dr. Adibfar

Based on your history and the photos you have submitted , you have the following:
1) abdominal wall muscle laxity
2) excess fatty deposits in the abdomen and flanks 
3) stretched abdominal skin above and below the belly button
A properly performed Abdominoplasty would treat all of the above.
Liposuction will only treat #2 and may leave you with loose hanging skin in the lower abdomen.
This could however be an option if your expectations are to just go down in size and look better in clothes. You may still opt for the abdominoplasty after your last pregnancy.
Abdominoplasty scars are quite reasonable and fade over time.
An in person consultation is highly recommended but meanwhile feel free to review our comprehensive "body enhancement" gallery below .
Thank you 

Liposuction or Tummytuck?

Diet and exercise is first option. Liposuction will decrease bulk and may even allow you to go down one dress size, but Tummytuck will give you most dramatic result. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD