Tummy and breasts - full tummy tuck or mini? Breast lift, breast implants or breast reduction? (photos)

I am 37 years old, 5'4", and 116lbs. After 3 kids and 1 twin pregnancy (7lbs each), I can't get rid of my stomach and my breasts never bounced back. I don't want to increase my breast size- currently 32D. Ultimately, I'd like a flatter stomach and fuller breasts. What would you recommend I do to both? Thanks :)

About the Mommy Makeover and Ideal Techniques

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 
Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 
The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

A mini tummy tuck is almost never indicated as part of a mommy makeover.

There are very few candidates for a mini abdominoplasty. You are not one of them. A full abdominoplasty should give you an excellent result. Mastopexy without breast implants should also please you.

Tummy and breast surgery

Dear LadyAwesome,

Thank you for your clinical post and photographs. You do appear to have some loose skin particularly in the bent down view of your abdomen with relatively few, if any, stretch marks and very little subcutaneous fat. Depending upon your aesthetic body contour and goals and expectations, I think you would benefit most from a mini skin only tummy tuck performed just above the pubic hair in the lower abdomen combined with some BodyTite skin tightening and fat reduction off the love handles and upper abdomen. This would give you tighter contour, a reduction of the modest subcutaneous fat, but without the extensive scarring and recovery of a full tummy tuck. You will still be left with a subtle roundness to your abdomen, which is quite normal in the female shape and you’ll avoid the discomfort and recovery and risk of a full abdominoplasty.

Your breasts have undergone some deflation and loss of volume in the upper pole with some droopiness. If a fuller breast is desired then a small round implant in the subglandular and submuscular dual plane location will provide some upper pole fullness. This may slightly increase your breast size, which you have mentioned is not desirable. Conversely, you may undergo a breast lift or breast lift reduction procedure, but this will result in periareolar and vertical under the breast scars that you may find unattractive, as well. The breast lift or mastopexy procedure will give you a perkier breast and can correct some of the asymmetry between the left and the right side and may give you some upper pole fullness. You may still require a small implant after breast lift surgery.

I’ve been performing breast augmentation and tummy tuck both mini and full for over 20 years. Over the last 5-7 years I found that the Vectra 3D imaging machine can help individuals like yourself decide if a breast implant or breast lift is the best procedure for them. The Vectra 3D imaging machine allows you to use the software to analyze three dimensional photographs of your breast and body contouring and insert different sizes of implants to see a very accurate simulation of what your post-operative contour and shape will be like. This will allow you to decide if a breast augmentation alone with small inframammary scars and enhancement of your upper pole will provide what you want versus a breast lift surgery, which has more extensive and visible scars and the risk for adverse scar healing.

I hope this information has helped you in analyzing the difficult decisions you must make in achieving the best body, shape and contour with the least possible risk and downtime.

I hope this information has been of some assistance and best of luck.

For more information, please review the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Mommy makeover

You need to be examined and taken through the pros and cons of all the options and what you want to achieve. Certainly if you are happy with the volume and not concerned about upper fullness then a mastopexy would be the preferred option. For the tummy probably a full tummy tuck would be the best option but there are alternatives that need to be considered. Best to consult with someone that cn show you examples of his/her work.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

A lift or small reduction can reshape your breast nicely depending on your WISHES. Your abdomen may benefit from an extended mini or full tummy tuck. An exam and informed consultation will help you be educated.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy and breasts - full tummy tuck or mini?

I would go for the full tummy tuck . . . that way the upper and lower skin will be tight and you can get your diastasis fixed once and for all. A mastopexy/breast reduction will also rejuvenate your breasts nicely. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

Hi and thank you for your questions and pictures.  From your pictures alone, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with a breast lift.  A "mini " tummy tuck will not address the loose skin you appear to have above your belly button.  A full tummy tuck will give you a better overall contour and remove the excess skin while tightening your abdominal muscles.  A breast lift will improve the overall shape of your breasts, reposition the nipples and remove the excess loose skin.  A small implant could be placed at the time of your lift if you wanted a little more upper pole fullness.  Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in person and he/she can best advise you after an in person evaluation.  Good Luck!

Mini Tummy Tuck + Breast Lift with or without implants

Thanks for the question!

You need a mini tummy tuck because your skin is not much stretch and it looks good as I see. But that flaccid look is steel there. Also, a breast lift will give you better results, they'll not look falling down anymore, and they will look natural and perky. You can use 280/300 cc silicone implants, for that perky look too.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Planning surgery after 3 babies

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.

Your photos are very helpful. (Congratulations on being so slim after 3 babies!)
  1. You clearly need a full tummy tuck - 
  2. It would be amazing if you didn't, after twins!
  3. A breast lift (mastopexy) will restore your breast position and shape.
  4. If you are healthy and have the money, it is easier to do both at the same time.
  5. A breast lift typically is not painful - so your main recovery will be the tummy tuck.
  6. Be sure to discuss the plan and your recovery in detail with your surgeon.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy makeover full or mini tummy tuck

Most but not all patients considering a tummy tuck after multiple pregnancies especially with twins will get a better result with a full tummy tuck. A mini works only when the skin excess involves the lower abdomen but the upper part has good skin tone and no stretch marks. A breast lift should give you the shape you want without changing size.

Richard Baxter, MD