Trimming grafts in revision rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty a bit over a year ago and have had a spreader graft placed because I had a deviated septum and trouble breathing. Right now, the middle portion of my nose and the tip look much wider. My columella also looks longer and droopy. Can the graft be trimmed to make my nose look smaller and fix the hanging columella in a closed surgery? My nose and columella also feel very stiff and unnatural, are there any options to fix this?

Rhinoplasty graft options

Hello! If you are still stiff you are likely still healing. While grafts can be trimmed, revisions are seldom that easy and usually require much more work, resulting in another round of swelling and healing. It is difficult to provide any direction without an exam and photos. I would recommend seeing a couple experienced rhinoplasty experts for an opinion. Good luck!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed revision rhinoplasty

A full set of  facial photographs are required to make any determination about a revision rhinoplasty with closed technique, due to the fact that  revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform in the entire field of cosmetic surgery.  A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish revising the nose in the midportion, tip, columella and bridge line.   Important to note if there is any cartilage  left on the inside of the nose after the primary rhinoplasty for potential grafting purposes and to see the operative reports on what was accomplished from the previous surgery.    For more information about revision rhinoplasty, please see the video and the link below 

Rhinoplasty revision

If your nose is still stiff, you may still be swollen. A spreader graft is often placed for deviation or airway issues.  Removing it may cause these conditions to recur.