Does the second treatment of Sculpsure also provide a 24% reduction as does the first application?

SculpSure fat reduction

Hi there, 

SculpSure reduces up to 24% of unwanted fat on the treated areas on the body. A secondary treatment would contribute to the UP TO 24% reduction, not add on another 24% reduction in fat. This treatment is safe and effective to be repeated every 6 - 12 weeks to the patients desired fat loss goals. To maximize the fat loss every 6 weeks is recommended. Hope this helps!

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. No - the 25% number is an aggregate value, not an additive number that eliminates fat each time. In most scenarios, patients experience an average of a 25% reduction in subcutaneous fat. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

24% is the AVERAGE reduction with each session of SculpSure

Each session of SculpSure will remove, ON AVERAGE, 24%.  So, not everyone and every session will meet that average, some will be less, some will be more, that is what an average is.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

24% Fat Reduction with SculpSure

Hello and thank you for your question. Many patients will see sufficient improvement in one SculpSure treatment. Some patients will require a second treatment to remove additional fat. Each time the same area is treated it will destroy up to 24% of the fat cells to that area. It is recommended to wait 6-8 weeks in between treatments. Best to you, Dr Faraz

Does second SculpSure treatment also produce 24% fat reduction?

Each SculpSure treatment should produce approximately 24% reduction in the number of fat cells to the treated area.  This is true for the first treatment as well as any subsequent treatments.  This 24% reduction in the number of fat cells does not mean there will be 24% reduction in the size of the area though.  The visual appearance of reduction in the number of fat cells can vary by individual.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Staged Treatments

Each Sculpsure treatment builds on the previous treatment. With each subsequent treatment, you should expect a further reduction by approximately up to 24%. When we evaluate a client, we look at what each individual zone requires (belly, flanks, etc). For some, I expect excellent results in just one treatment . For others, I tell them to plan a staged treatment for optimal results. The real key is knowing how to use the SculpSure technology. That's where physician expertise comes in.